By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-men: Days of Future Past, thoughts (Spoilers)

swii26 said:
Shadowcats new power is the biggest flaw for me... I had no idea what was happening when she put her hands on Bishop

yeah.... and they cut off rogue scene :(

Around the Network
TRAVIS!!! said:
mysteryman said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I have a question for people who've seen the movie (so SPOILERS AHEAD obviously).

When I saw Striker at the end saying "Let him to me" (or something similar) I thought it was a nice way to tie it all back to what we already (i.e. that Striker is the one who gave Wolverine his adamantium skeleton) but then we see that it's not the real Striker but Mystique posing as him.

I really don't get that part. From what we saw in X2, it's the real Striker who's responsible for Wolverine's claws, not Mystique. Am I missing something?

I was also confused.

Do they mean to say that Mystique actually experimented on Wolverine - as you said - or that Mystique saves Wolverine from the experiments and in the new future he still has bone claws?

As for continuity with X2, they could easily explain it away as wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.

That's how I see it: It was the real Stryker who experimented on Wolverine in the original timeline and the fact that it's now actually Mystique who "takes care" of him means that we just don't know yet if and how Wolverine actually gets his adamantium claws. maybe he still has bone claws or maybe stryker will still find a way to do it.

Wasnt there a comic story where Wolverine becomes one of the horsemen when he had bone claws and thats how he eventually got his adamantium back?

Maybe thats the direction they will take the AoA movie, means they can make Wolvie the star again >.>

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Youre problem OP is comparing it to the comics. the comics is just the source material for the story but the movie and the comic are 2 different beasts. Its an awesome movie it surprised me as much as Captain America the Winter Soldier did and it just as good as well. Great plot, great action, good fun and they tie everything together super neatly in the end.

Days of Future Past sits right alongside Cap 2 and Iron Man 1 on my list of best super hero movies ever, its only topped by the Avengers and Batman the Dark Knight.

I liked the movie. It's obviously very different from the original Days of the Future Past storyline in the comics (as it follows the continuum established in the previous X-Men films), but I thought that it was a great way to "reboot" the X-Men films without having to actually reboot the series (in other words, the filmmakers can pretend that the third film never existed, due to the events that take place in Days of the Future Past).  My favorite characters in the film were the young versions of Magneto, Xavier, and Quicksilver, and while there was a surprising amount of comedy in what is essentially a very dark arc, I still very much enjoyed the film.

Brutalyst said:
TRAVIS!!! said:

That's how I see it: It was the real Stryker who experimented on Wolverine in the original timeline and the fact that it's now actually Mystique who "takes care" of him means that we just don't know yet if and how Wolverine actually gets his adamantium claws. maybe he still has bone claws or maybe stryker will still find a way to do it.

Wasnt there a comic story where Wolverine becomes one of the horsemen when he had bone claws and thats how he eventually got his adamantium back?

Maybe thats the direction they will take the AoA movie, means they can make Wolvie the star again >.>

yeah, I think they could definitely show that. we'll have to wait and see what they decide to do I guess.

Around the Network

If they don't cast this guy as older apocalypse, i'm gonna be very dissapointed

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0431895/

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

And wow, reading that Twelve synopsys. They kill off Cyclops? Apocalypse rotting inside his own armor? The armor that's supposed to enhance his already godlike powers of rearranging every molecule of his body as he sees fit? Lots of bad story arcs there.

Yes, although due to Apocalypse nature, he only stayed dead for about 1 year in our time. He came back a changed man, since then his characterisation has been messed up, he's more "Protect all mutants" instead of protect people like he should be, more Magneto than Xavier. It's a plot point I'd wish some writer would finally dwell upon but it's probably only an idea I've had.

His armour burned up energy and the energy was from his very being but his consiousness remained in the armour. A rediculous idea, one I hope is retconned. He had a hibernation chamber for a reason.

He was already stronger, fitter and smarter than everyone else in his time. The Celestial technology he melded with gave him ability to control the molecules in his body, shapshifting far more advanced than Mystique could dream of. That's been a stable in his character since conception though.

Hmm, pie.

swii26 said:
Shadowcats new power is the biggest flaw for me... I had no idea what was happening when she put her hands on Bishop

It makes no sense because it wasn't part of her character, Rachel Grey has those power, she is a telepath/telekinetic and the powers she uses are telepathic based. The idea is that she sends the mind of the person she touches into the head of themselves in the past.

TruckOSaurus said:

So in the comics, Kitty Pride does what Wolverine does in the movie?

Yes, mainly because of her close connection to the X-men at the time and Rachel's friendship. It's easier to believe a fellow X-men suddenly changing personality to an older version of herself (Comics version) than someone you met briefly once and the only thing you have to go on is their word (movie).

Hmm, pie.

axumblade said:

To me it makes sense they would tack it on to another mutants powers since there would be a 0% chance of her being born considering both mom and dad died well before Jean or any of her potential clones could pop out a baby (of course then again, she could have always been a test tube baby from Mr. Sinister or something but he's not even in the movies so that would be another big introduction). To me, it would have made more sense to give an ability to Blink or another mutant. Not a character who has already been developed in the movies. 

In the original story her mum was dead at the time. Her main surname wasn't mentioned in that either.

Hmm, pie.

There was a glaring fault in the story.. if Mystique was captured in 1973 and she had brain tissue, bone stuff etc all extracted by Trask how the heck did she appeared in X1, 2, 3?

Anyway OK movie.. I found the movie super non geek unfriendly.. X-men 3 was 8! years ago.. trying to remember what happend there and with the First Class movie was asking a lot.. the future part was pretty underdeveloped and cared nothing about the future X-men.. I actually found it extremly funny that they died not once but twice.. snapping Colosus in half..

Quicksilver was amazing but he was so underused..
If they just brought him to paris the story would have been over in the first 45 minutes..

Cap A still the best Super Hero movie this year

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)