By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-men: Days of Future Past, thoughts (Spoilers)

kirby007 said:

This movie has one major drawback, i already want the next fix lol

I hope they use the tas voice

Yes they have to use the 90's cartoon voice for apocalypse. That cartoon had it spot on.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
axumblade said:
oldschoolfool said:
animegaming said:
oldschoolfool said:
can someone please explain what the end credit sequence was all about,. did'nt get that one.

basically the guy at the end is Apocalypse and will be the villain for the next Xmen film which will be released in 2016

thanks for the reply. I'm assuming that was a comic book thing,as I'm just a casual fan of the movies.

Yeah. I don't think the TV shows really went into those details. Most of these credit spoilers are for that very reason. Sorry for the long winded reply. :P 

But the 90's cartoon had a whole arc with apocalypse if I remember correctly (god I miss 90's cartoons). He is even in some of the capcom games.

axumblade said:
cyberninja45 said:
Personally I still don't think they have made an xmen movie that does the franchise justice. While x1 and x2 were alright at best, first class was good and they managed to save the mess x3 was with days of future past while being a sequel to first class, got to give props to that, I still think the xmen franchise could be so much better.

Every time I watch an xmen movie somehow how it just doesn't literally look right. In my vision of how an xmen movie should be it would be closer to something like Watchmen, a dark gritty world that resembles ours but has its own feel to it.

I have to disagree here. There has always been some humor to the X-Men but it was never abundant. To me, Days of Futures Past was very dark and gritty. I mean hell, we watch Iceman, Sunspot, Warpath, Collosus and Blink all die twice. You see Icemans head popped off like an action figure...And Collosus is just casually ripped in half. 

They handled the future aspect well in DOFP good, but still there is something about the movies that makes it look a little campy, maybe its the sets they are on or the lighting. Something just feels off I got that feeling when I watched the first one 15 yrs ago and I still get it now.

Apocalypse will be set in the 80s. Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Beast are all aware of Logan now so they can include Wolverine too if they want. We know Stryker will give him his claws. The timeline is still royally fucked up though and X-Men Origins Wolverine is the worst culprit.

In 1973 wouldn't that be somewhere in the middle of X-Men Origins Wolverine? Didn't Logan, Stryker, and his gang tackle missions in Vietnam? God that movie was so awful it needs to be expunged somehow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

axumblade said:

I think it might as well be. Gambit has already been recast so it might as well have been. They can only handle 1 complete retcon at a time...which I think they made the right choice by going after X-Men: The Last Stand first.  

Whose the new Gambit? 

Otherwise to reply to OP, I thought the movie was awesome. As an Xmen fan, I could nitpick some details which don't fit but the fact they are still making these movies with the amount of thought, care and respect to source material is amazing.

They can easily just milk the franchise like they do with Transformers and Amazing Spiderman movies, and would make 90% of the money they do now.

Around the Network

I've been disappointed by a lot of blockbusters in recent years, the worst being Godzilla, it was awful. DOFP is not only the best blockbuster, buts its one of the best movies I've seen in ages.

It feels like a perfect continuation of both first class and the original trilogy. I dont think any other movie has a narrative like this, it was phenomenal.

Unlike Godzilla and Captain America WS, the action was completely insane, totally justified the 3D format.

I liked the movie a lot but I thought the amount of control magneto had over the sentinels was stupid. He put metal inside them that's it and the he could turn them on and all this other stuff? I expected control over their movement that's it.

axumblade said:
cyberninja45 said:
axumblade said:
oldschoolfool said:
animegaming said:
oldschoolfool said:
can someone please explain what the end credit sequence was all about,. did'nt get that one.

basically the guy at the end is Apocalypse and will be the villain for the next Xmen film which will be released in 2016

thanks for the reply. I'm assuming that was a comic book thing,as I'm just a casual fan of the movies.

Yeah. I don't think the TV shows really went into those details. Most of these credit spoilers are for that very reason. Sorry for the long winded reply. :P 

But the 90's cartoon had a whole arc with apocalypse if I remember correctly (god I miss 90's cartoons). He is even in some of the capcom games.

The ending wasn't Apocalypse. That was the summoning of Apocalypse by Ozymandias. Hense the manipulation of the stone and the chanting of Apocalypses real name. I really enjoyed Apocalypse story arc in TAS. To be honest, I think that TAS is why I really hate Halle Berry as Storm and Anna Paquin as Rogue....they don't sound the way they should in my opinion. 

And I agree about the campiness. Some of the jokes are outright terrible, Halle Berry is terrible as storm (though this one she didn't really bother me for some reason but then again, she had like 2 lines and then died). X-Men 2 is still probably my favorite...followed by Days of Futures Past

Yeah TAS got the universe and characters down just right. I still use that wolverine voice in my head, while jackman plays a good wolverine I don't think he ever the rebellious nature of wolverine totally down, the voice from the tas just gives a more edge to wolverine.

axumblade said:
disolitude said:
axumblade said:

I think it might as well be. Gambit has already been recast so it might as well have been. They can only handle 1 complete retcon at a time...which I think they made the right choice by going after X-Men: The Last Stand first.  

Whose the new Gambit? 

Otherwise to reply to OP, I thought the movie was awesome. As an Xmen fan, I could nitpick some details which don't fit but the fact they are still making these movies with the amount of thought, care and respect to source material is amazing.

They can easily just milk the franchise like they do with Transformers and Amazing Spiderman movies, and would make 90% of the money they do now.

He hasn't signed anything yet but it's been pretty much confirmed it's going to be Channing Tatum...which I'm not sure how I feel about. On one hand, it might be good on the other hand it's Channing Tatum.

@PDF In one of the later episodes of the animated series in the 90's, Wolverine and Mystique were lovers during the Weapon X experiment I believe. I don't know specifically that she has anything really to do with the operation but perhaps they were just showing Mystique was still around regardless of if anybody knew she were there. 

wasn't it during WWI ?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

axumblade said:
cyberninja45 said:
axumblade said:
oldschoolfool said:
animegaming said:
oldschoolfool said:

The ending wasn't Apocalypse. That was the summoning of Apocalypse by Ozymandias. Hense the manipulation of the stone and the chanting of Apocalypses real name. I really enjoyed Apocalypse story arc in TAS. To be honest, I think that TAS is why I really hate Halle Berry as Storm and Anna Paquin as Rogue....they don't sound the way they should in my opinion. 

And I agree about the campiness. Some of the jokes are outright terrible, Halle Berry is terrible as storm (though this one she didn't really bother me for some reason but then again, she had like 2 lines and then died). X-Men 2 is still probably my favorite...followed by Days of Futures Past

HEAVY SPOILERS AHOY, YOU PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WARNED

It's impossible for this character to be Ozymandias for a plethora of reasons: 

- The character has distinctive grey skin and blue lips 
- Ozymandias only gains his stone manipulation power to animate stone, not to move them around effortlessly
- Ozymandias appearance also changed when Apocalypse manipulated him. His entire body was made into granite
- The people are reverencing the character, not something inside the pyramids. It shows that they're in awe with his powers while he was building the great pyramid
- My comic-savvyness might be a bit off, but don't the horsemen only appear when Apocalypse is fully regenerated? 

Also, there's this interview by screenwriter Simon Kinberg:

"Bryan [Singer] and I just locked into this idea of seeing Apocalypse at the height of his power and glory, which is what we imagined would have been in Egyptian times. It was just to give a tease of, ‘This guy is super-powerful, and there was a moment in time when he was essentially treated as a god, and he’s going to rise again in X-Men: Apocalypse.’"

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/X-Men-Days-Future-Past-End-Credits-Sequence-Explained-43142.html

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"