By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Conspiracy? Scumbag Consumers want XB1 to fail?

Conegamer said:
"Scumbag" consumers is going a bit far, don't you think?

At any rate I doubt anyone is really hoping for the XB1 to fail. I know a good few people who will be picking it up now that it's dropped the Kinect, and I'm sure that is something echoed around the world. That to me sounds like good business; listening to what the consumer wants and giving it to them.

pachter already labelled most of us scumbags for using ad block anyways. so its no big deal. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
"Scumbag" consumers is going a bit far, don't you think?

At any rate I doubt anyone is really hoping for the XB1 to fail. I know a good few people who will be picking it up now that it's dropped the Kinect, and I'm sure that is something echoed around the world. That to me sounds like good business; listening to what the consumer wants and giving it to them.

pachter already labelled most of us scumbags for using ad block anyways. so its no big deal. 

Surely then we need to use the patented "Pachter-izer" and because he says it's the case, by default it cannot be true.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Good troll kind sir.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Consumers are doing nothing what's happening to them is just their fault as what's happening to Nintendo is just their fault. Next time do things right and probably they will have more or less the same marketshare as the others ;)

mutantsushi said:
The idea that MS will just massively subsidize the console is pure fantasy.
Inverse correlation of price to sales is obvious, so if MS was willing to do so, they could have done so from day 1.
Fact is, it was long known that both Sony and MS were less willing to subsidize consoles this generation.
The flip side to that is a shorter generation becomes viable when years of sales aren't needed to recoup early gen subsidization costs.
So even if MS were to subsidize more to somehow make up for their product having less inherent demand,
Sony would be heading to a nextgen sooner, and thus sabotaging MS' ability to recoup early gen subsidization.

Kinect is sub 100. On the system that currently holds the title of first place in software sales, how would a loss on subsidizing the Kinect not be swiftly made up by the increase in marketshare? 3 Retail games and Live could easily make up the loss within a year.

Sony understandably would not want to take such risk right after coming from the PS3, but why would MS not utilize their vast wealth to actually invest in the hardware they claimed to be essential?

MS and Sony are not even remotely comparable on the finacial side and yet MS is barely meeting the PS4 at price parity. Tell me all about how that makes sense.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:
I have no idea what this topic is about but i do want the XB1 to fail. I wish Sony had paid me for that, but they didn't.

Sometimes I wish the console wars was real. Like MS and Sony would put people like us on the payroll and we would meet up and rumble west side story or Gangs of New york style :)

Then maybe we take it up a notch: Bomb console production facilities, hijack overseas shipments of consoles and dump them in the ocean. Yup.....I man can dream ;P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Porcupeth said:
I have no idea what this topic is about but i do want the XB1 to fail. I wish Sony had paid me for that, but they didn't.

Sometimes I wish the console wars was real. Like MS and Sony would put people like us on the payroll and we would meet up and rumble west side story or Gangs of New york style :)

Then maybe we take it up a notch: Bomb console production facilities, hijack overseas shipments of consoles and dump them in the ocean. Yup.....I man can dream ;P

CoD: Conzole Warfare

Shingeki no Console

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank