By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Hyrule Warriors Thread | Hacking and Slashing Cia

So, will you buy?

Yes, I want Zelda HD and ... 14 50.00%

Yes, Zelda is my favorite series 6 21.43%

Yes, If you ask for it 0 0%

Yes, but also Captain Toad 8 28.57%

Total:28

I'm so pumped for this game! An actual Zelda war game and not just an adventure!

Around the Network

I want Linebeck and Fierce Diety Link to be playable...
And Tingle...

Have a nice day...

Soundwave said:

Could be looking at this for the rest of the year for Japan anyway

Wii Sports Club (retail) - July
Hyrule Warriors - August
Bayonetta 2 - September
Xeno U - October
Mario Party U or Yarn Yoshi (?) - November
Super Smash Bros. U - December

Bayonetta 2 might be out for the summer in Japan.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/bayonetta_2_listed_for_summer_release_in_japan

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Mr Khan said:
Supposedly Aonuma said that his team was designing original characters for the game.

Do you mean the Zelda team? Hmm interesting. Do you think that some of those characters could appear on the real Zelda game?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The August release date concerns me. Even if that turns out to be global, it still looks like there'll be June/July without any major releases after Mario Kart 8. I can't see either X or Bayonetta 2 being ready for a global release before Hyrule Warriors, though I'd love to be wrong.

Around the Network
Asriel said:
The August release date concerns me. Even if that turns out to be global, it still looks like there'll be June/July without any major releases after Mario Kart 8. I can't see either X or Bayonetta 2 being ready for a global release before Hyrule Warriors, though I'd love to be wrong.

I believe they will release some VC games, maybe Wii Sports Club retail version and new DLC.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ktay95 said:
sundin13 said:

I feel like this game will be at least trying to seem canon (even if it technically isn't) so I doubt that...I think he means someone from the Zelda universe but I don't know who it could be alluding to. This game seems to be using repeating characters and new characters only so I doubt that any character that has only been in one game would show up (Sorry Groose). 

Do these games usually have different campaigns for each character or do different characters play through the same story?

Story is split by the factions usually theese days. Each faction has a story with one or more selectable characters for each stage in that factions campaign.
It used to have individual character stories back in the PS2 days iirc, when the roster was smaller however so we could see that.

Hmmm...okay, so heres my guess (with no knowledge of the Warriors series):

Link/New Sidekick in one faction
Impa/Zelda/Sheik in the second
Shia (new villain) in the third (after escaping from the magical control of Ganon)

With the Villain being the "unexpected" playable character...

Asriel said:

June/July is usually near-dead industry-wide, to be fair.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

If Aonuma is supervising and the team is even going as far as to provide original characters for the title, I'm expecting Zelda Wii U late 2015. They've had a few too many distractions to see a release earlier than summer 2015. If even MM 3D is announced, then damn.

Pavolink said:
- Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma

I told you that Nintendo was putting some resources in this game. Aonuma should have focused on Zelda HD rather than this.

No this gives us hope.