By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter goes berserk. Insults questioner. "scumbag" "Idiot" "bastard"

So it's the opposite?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

I turn off adblock on sites that deserve it. RedLetterMedia, ScrewAttack, and The Escapist are a few examples. I would turn off adblock for this site if it wasn't so obnoxious with bombarding ads in my face.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:

I turn off adblock on sites that deserve it. RedLetterMedia, ScrewAttack, and The Escapist are a few examples. I would turn off adblock for this site if it wasn't so obnoxious with bombarding ads in my face.

This man has good taste.

Well, I'm fine with ads on a website as long as they don't annoy you but sadly enough many websites have these annoying ads so that they almost force you to use it.

But not everyone will use it. It's like with television where many but not all switch the channel when there is a commercial break.

Where I don't side with Pachter, even though part of my job is to make ads, is that when you watch TV you don't pay more because of ads while on the internet ads, no matter your internet plan, take a big chunk of your bandwith and ressources from your computer. Here in Canada where internet is sh*t visiting a few websites daily with adblock and without adblock can make a big difference.

Also like someone mentioned before, there are websites with spyware hidden on their ads. We had clients asking us to make ads with videos that start on themselves, they don't care if the user has a bandwith cap... well I don't care if that same user uses adblock because of your stupidity.

Around the Network

boy pacther sure hates ad block. i personally love it.

The reality is that this episode will generate more ad revenue than usual as a result of Pachter simply throwing out insults towards an individual whose opinion he opposes, which in turn proves that Pachter is wrong.

crissindahouse said:

Well, I'm fine with ads on a website as long as they don't annoy you but sadly enough many websites have these annoying ads so that they almost force you to use it.

But not everyone will use it. It's like with television where many but not all switch the channel when there is a commercial break.

VGC being the biggest one. its outstanding how annoying the ads on vgc is, i personally started using ad block because of vgc.

bananaking21 said:

I like it more now, knowing how much it annoys Pachter.

mysteryman said:
bananaking21 said:

I like it more now, knowing how much it annoys Pachter.

you should tweet him and tell him.