By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz's Top 11 Wii U Games: May 2014 Edition

Tagged games:

HylianSwordsman said:
Interesting. What was the next point total of the 12th place spot, out of curiousity? Maybe you should have just had a top 15 instead of honorable mentions.

#12 was 14 points. I felt that considering the fact that 10 is usually the number of games on these lists anyway, and that the difference between #10 and #11 was under a third of that of the one between #11 and #12, the Top 11 would be best. Besides, considering the size of the vote, I felt that 20 points was a good baseline. Making a Top 15 would involve lowering that line to no less than 8 points for Mass Effect.

Perhaps I should update the honorable mentions to simply include al the games mentioned with under 20 points. That way, the one Game & Wario voter knows that I counted them.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
pikmin 3 is soooooo underated.

In general? Perhaps. Here on VGChartz? I personally put it in my #2 spot out of the Top 5 Wii U games, and even then it was only narrowly beaten out by 3D World.

Pikmin's main "problem," from what I've seen here, is that many people consider it one of the Top 5 Wii U games, but often only as the fourth or fifth best on the platform, which gives it relatively little weight in our voting system. In contrast, Wind Waker HD typically got a #3 spot or so, Tropical Freeze has less votes but more of them are around the #2 spot, and Super Mario 3D World was either at the top or close to the top in a large number of lists.

Had the voting system been different, and people, say, voted for their favorite game by genre, or distributed 20 points however they wanted or something, maybe Pikmin 3 would have been even higher up.

Love and tolerate.

TomaTito said:
Surprised that after so many droughts I only have 7 out of the top 11 games.

Off-Topic: OMG What happened to you! You're all in pieces

On-Topic: You still have more than I do.

Oh, and Nintendo-Land is too high on the list. I didn't liked it. Anyway, thanks for your good job Salnax. We'll see if a thread like this in a year has many new contenders.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Mario 3D World won? Nice!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's nice to know that the experience I already have with my Wii U is with games that are the best of the best. Buying a Wii U was a really good decision.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Interesting. What was the next point total of the 12th place spot, out of curiousity? Maybe you should have just had a top 15 instead of honorable mentions.

#12 was 14 points. I felt that considering the fact that 10 is usually the number of games on these lists anyway, and that the difference between #10 and #11 was under a third of that of the one between #11 and #12, the Top 11 would be best. Besides, considering the size of the vote, I felt that 20 points was a good baseline. Making a Top 15 would involve lowering that line to no less than 8 points for Mass Effect.

Perhaps I should update the honorable mentions to simply include al the games mentioned with under 20 points. That way, the one Game & Wario voter knows that I counted them.

I take comfort in knowing that Mass Effect only got 8 points. Giving us only the 3rd game in the series was a slap in the face.

JEMC said:
TomaTito said:

I am all ROJIBLANCO

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
JEMC said:
TomaTito said:

I am all ROJIBLANCO

Oh, yes. Congratulations, and now for the other one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Very good thread with in depth analysis. Can't wait to buy Mario Kart 8 so I can download WWHD. Then I will have all but 3 on that list. Just to let people know if you had kids Wii Party U would be on that list replacing probably NintendoLand. Even though I love playing Nintendo Land WPU uses the gamepad functions better.

JEMC said:
TomaTito said:

I am all ROJIBLANCO

Oh, yes. Congratulations, and now for the other one.

After gaining the tenth, we will take the tenth away from the others, and get our first.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"