By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: PS4 Receiving Massive Performance Boost From Team ICE [UPDATED}

VanceIX said:
At this point, I don't even care. I just want games, I've hardly touched my PS4 this past month because I've got nothing to play.

And i have too much to play. Care to trade places? :D

Around the Network

Maybe they are allowing people devs to disable the odd during gameplay like last gen. So you won't be able to just jump from the OS to the game but games will have a lot more ram to use.

Porcupeth said:
VanceIX said:
At this point, I don't even care. I just want games, I've hardly touched my PS4 this past month because I've got nothing to play.

Lol, please! (although my PS3 and Wii U are seeing some heavy use lately XD)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

method114 said:
Maybe they are allowing people devs to disable the odd during gameplay like last gen. So you won't be able to just jump from the OS to the game but games will have a lot more ram to use.

Every dev that wont let people go to the Playstation Menu during gameplay will get a lot of hate, and Sony also will. No way Sony will ever allow that.

BenVTrigger said:
green_sky said:
Good lord. When are these people going to stop. Was the start of last generation equally bad in terms of graphics contest between green and red?

No the graphica nitpicking and crazy hardware theories are at an all time high this gen

Yeah, I'm starting to think each PS4, Wii U, and XB1 included a tinfoil hat.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
Porcupeth said:
VanceIX said:

Lol, please! (although my PS3 and Wii U are seeing some heavy use lately XD)

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Do they have a GTX Titan on the disc?

If the Ice Team has figured out how to make the aces and ques sing, and take advantage of the volitile bit then this may be very true. PS4 has some features only seen in the latest highest end AMD GPU, no one in the industry has ever tapped there potential, and XBO does not share similar features.

It is very possible that a very low cost, but very powerful aa solution has been found. they could have also found a way to do major physics calculations without much impact to graphics performance. Both physics and aa can bring a rig to a chug, findng ways to do them that would be low cost and not duplicatable on XBO could result in games 1080p and 60fps vs 720p and 30fps.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

This is normal. Increases in the OS & Tools speed happen all the time, especially at the start of the cycle like now the performance increases can be large for a particular function, yes 10x to 100x when dealing with moving data in memory, though the real Framerate increase the gamer at home will see is typically minimal like a few percent, so dont suddenly expect a game to go from 30fps to 60fps.
This happens with all consoles, be they from Nintendo,Sony and Microsoft

Not this again..... Software can not boost hardware performance by any truly meaningful level.