By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumour: PS4 Receiving Massive Performance Boost From Team ICE [UPDATED}

Can't believe gaming websites are still quoting these guys and creating articles from it. Its become pretty clear that a lot of the GAF so called "isiders" have gotten a shit load of things wrong and hardly anything correct.

And to top it off...almost every rumour is pro sony especially from Thuway. The bias is so strong in this guy. Same goes for that other idiot Pete Dodd. And then they want Vgchartz banned for having wrong numbers?

Fucking idiots honestly.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

Unless the API's and drivers were in terrible shape prior to these improvements or certain key techniques wasn't used then there's no way in hell we will see major improvements. I think a lot of people are going to be dissapointed in the coming years when we dont see the advancements we've seen with PS3.

The architecture is much more familiar and easy to work with on PS4 and X1..so i seriously doubt we will see massive improvements.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I don't believe it. :/

There is actually room for optimism, but because the architecture is so similar, anything that can be done with one can be done on the other. Ps4 just has higher ceilings due to gddr5 and bigger GPU.

Shinobi-san said:
I think a lot of people are going to be dissapointed in the coming years when we dont see the advancements we've seen with PS3.

The architecture is much more familiar and easy to work with on PS4 and X1..so i seriously doubt we will see massive improvements.

Unless someone has come forth with a library (in optimised asm) and examples dealing with gpgpu. Then we should see massive improvements with indie games. Also a library with "tiled stuff" would result in a considerable boost with indies (and such a library would be easier to make for PS4 than XBox One, which even in this case is more difficult to handle).

Around the Network

PS4 2.0 confirmed?

@Zekkou.

Mentioning Nvidia proves my point. They say their drivers boost performance 30-40% all the time. Yet you rarely only notice a difference if it had a problem in a certain game..... Performance gains are very little to do with drivers. It is learning platforms and optimizing game engines. This thread is about drivers not software in general.

Day 1 PS2 games look far worse than games at the end of the PS2s life and the drivers were barely touched...... If you believe that drivers drastically improve performance then you are going to be disappointed....

Secret sauce

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i hope ps4 would toast Xboxone
no way

KingdomHeartsFan said:

What's ICE?

Based at Naughty Dog's offices, ICE team is like Sony's core graphics technology team.  They make the equivalent of DirectX 12 (or 13) for the PS4 .

My 8th gen collection