By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Lacks Racial Diversity Says Reviewer (Update)

Some of the DK comments are actually offensive though...

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
kljesta64 said:
what about donkey kong ?

Such a racist question but you don't even realise it. 

people will never get over racism if they are always damn serious.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

That's a pretty stupid complaint.

No asian characters in a Japanese game. Racists against themselves!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Well, now I'm pretty sure I've seen everything.

What a bizarre complaint for a game about dinosaurs, babies and gorillas racing up waterfalls and in space on karts and bikes made out of caterpillars.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Well, now I'm pretty sure I've seen everything.

What a bizarre complaint for a game about dinosaurs, babies and gorillas racing up waterfalls and in space on karts and bikes made out of caterpillars.

Wow, that's even worse! It's exactly this attitude that keeps fringe groups out! You intentionally left out Toad and by this you say the game is not about him!

Around the Network

It's sad to see all of the DK comments. Not one black person would find being called an ape funny. But I guess since we're in the internet, everything is fine.

Come on. Metal Mario is obviously not white.

So what does he expect Nintendo to do, turn certain long-standing characters black or hispanic, just so no one complains that there are too many white characters?

I don't understand the point, here. Does Nintendo have any black characters? I cannot think of any. Does that mean Nintendo is intentionally being racist, or does it simply mean people are looking for controversy and being way overly-sensitive about something that has never, ever been an issue in the past.

I think people have truly gone off the deep end if we can't even enjoy a Mario Kart review without talking about racism, or a preview of Tomodachi Life without people screaming that Nintendo is being homophobic.  I mean, this is just getting absolutely ridiculous.   

We need to coin a phrase or word for people who look for controversy where none exists, and then we need to ignore these people.  Otherwise the sane among us will lose our sanity.

A lack of blacks or hispanics in a Mario Kart game does not equal white supremacy, and a lack of option for gay marriage in Tomodachi Life does not equal homophobic intentions.  We really need to dial it back as an industry.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Half of the humans in Mario cart are corny bastards anyways. Walugi is the only cool one.

Screamapillar said:

So what does he expect Nintendo to do, turn certain long-standing characters black or hispanic, just so no one complains that there are too many white characters?

Marvel does it!