By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Lacks Racial Diversity Says Reviewer (Update)

This is why we can't have nice things.

Around the Network

Perhaps this is reflective of a society with almost no diversity...
If American developers were creating Mario games the Mushroom Kingdom would have become integrated a long time ago...

Have a nice day...

To me it sounds more racist if you complain that some of the characters are "white" and not whatever else... that's like "a good game can be only good if not everyone is white"

celador said:
None of these characters were created by a white person

This is true, but it doesn't really change the his point. I don't think he was trying to suggest Nintendo is racist lol

crissindahouse said:
To me it sounds more racist if you complain that some of the characters are "white" and not whatever else... that's like "a good game can be only good if not everyone is white"

This term wasn't brought up in the article. Its not about anyone being racist.

Around the Network

I laughed initially, but the comments are actually quite disheartening.

Its funny and trivial considering the kind of game it is, but at the same time this reviewer should be allowed to feel this way and express it without people going ape shit... He didn't write 4000 word essay ranting about it, he briefly noted it was something he acknowledged when playing. This is one review amongst 100s of others, and what use is reviews if they are all the same. Ultimately its something Ninty could do that some people may really appreciate, those people should be allowed to make themselves heard.

Also DK is an ape!!!

MoHasanie said:
Who cares? Will people now also complain that it lacks a gay character?!

Sexual relations are not represented in mario kart, so you cannot determine whether or not any of the characters are gay/straight/bi etc :p

teigaga said:
crissindahouse said:

Yes I know that he said that it lacks diversity and not that it's racist. He still complains that they are all white.

crissindahouse said:
teigaga said:
crissindahouse said:

Yes I know that he said that it lacks diversity and not that it's racist. He still complains that they are all white.

These two things are the same lol 

teigaga said:
crissindahouse said:
teigaga said:
crissindahouse said:

These two things are the same lol 

I know I know^^

That's as if I would say "He can say as much as he wants that his meal had much fat and not much sugar, he will still get fat"