By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

I want to see ethomas and all his amason stuff to know what he thinks about that, where is he ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Seems like every time NPD results are released, it kills off any positive buzz around X1. X1 generally had a great PR month with the price cut, removal of Kinect and the changes to Live.

Now with NPD releasing the numbers are bad. I've always said that X1 was doing okay in its own right but just lagging behind the PS4. But with 115k units and its looking to have even lower numbers in May. These numbers are bad, no way around that.

I think its obvious now as to why MS reacted as quick as they did with the Kinect removal decision.

Also infamous > Titanfall? That is really crazy. Just shows how the momentum is with PS4 at the moment, even in US.

PS4 not doing gangbusters either...and it seems like supply issues have been resolved. So even though its almost double the units of X1, there's still hope.

MS needs to have a big E3 now, all the pressure is on them. Knowing Sony they probably wont have such a great E3. Not only because they seem to be having issues in their internal studios, but there also might be an element of complacency with things going pretty well for them.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

eFKac said:

For some people it doesn't, for some it may. The kinectless sku positive news will be no doubt more widespread than the negative NPD numbers news. Maybe if there would be no Xbone news recently, the NPD news would be more widespread.

It is positive news, because of the choice it represents for the consumer, however, I think they announced it early.  It'll most likely kill sales for May-June 8th.

Aerys said:
I want to see ethomas and all his amason stuff to know what he thinks about that, where is he ?

He's on Neogaf, quite happy about the NPD news, said something about Domination

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

mornelithe said:
eFKac said:
mornelithe said:
eFKac said:
mornelithe said:
wick said:
Did people really not see this coming as soon as they announced the Kinectless SKU?

They were always going to be bad numbers after Microsoft suddenly dropped the undroppable, integral, core feature of their multimedia machine.

The Kinectless model was announced in May, not April.  April's numbers won't be effected by that announcement.  May and the first week of June, however, should.

But they wanted to cover the steaming **** that they already knew was releasing within 3 days. (April NPD)

Oh yeah, fo sho, doesn't cover it up though lol :)

For some people it doesn't, for some it may. The kinectless sku positive news will be no doubt more widespread than the negative NPD numbers news. Maybe if there would be no Xbone news recently, the NPD news would be more widespread.

It is positive news, because of the choice it represents for the consumer, however, I think they announced it early.  It'll most likely kill sales for May-June 8th.

Ohh definitely the will lose a bit in May, they will recuperate in June though. Especially if they have a strong E3. That's why I'm expecting a lot of vague promises, and games without release dates from them this E3. They'll try to kickstart the new SKU with a positive E3 buzz, and people, gamers especially are prone to hype. 

That's what I would do at least, if I were in their position.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Wow whens the last time VGC was off by this much?

Wow vgchartz wasn't even close.

I always thought people were BSing by saying VG always over tracks xbox but maybe they're right.

eFKac said:

Ohh definitely the will lose a bit in May, they will recuperate in June though. Especially if they have a strong E3. That's why I'm expecting a lot of vague promises, and games without release dates from them this E3. They'll try to kickstart the new SKU with a positive E3 buzz, and people, gamers especially are prone to hype. 

That's what I would do at least, if I were in their position.

Really think they should've saved the announcement for the tailend of their Keynote

Wow....PS4 wins (again)

eFKac said:
Aerys said:

He's on Neogaf, quite happy about the NPD news, said something about Domination

I believe kowenecki said he had been banned here recently as well.