By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

MS should've waited till E3 to announce Kinect-Less bundle. May is going to be atrocious.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
wick said:
Did people really not see this coming as soon as they announced the Kinectless SKU?

They were always going to be bad numbers after Microsoft suddenly dropped the undroppable, integral, core feature of their multimedia machine.

The Kinectless model was announced in May, not April.  April's numbers won't be effected by that announcement.  May and the first week of June, however, should.

naruball said:
episteme said:

Bundled copies don't count, even physical copies. Similar to Media Create, they never count NSMBU from bundles.

But Titanfall X1 still seems to be overtracked because ISS didn't chart in the NPD top 10 and sold more than TF.

Didn't they count Knack bundles?

Knack wasn't in the November top 10. Maybe the NeoGAF leaks include bundled copies.

mornelithe said:
wick said:
Did people really not see this coming as soon as they announced the Kinectless SKU?

They were always going to be bad numbers after Microsoft suddenly dropped the undroppable, integral, core feature of their multimedia machine.

The Kinectless model was announced in May, not April.  April's numbers won't be effected by that announcement.  May and the first week of June, however, should.

But they wanted to cover the steaming **** that they already knew was releasing within 3 days. (April NPD)

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

episteme said:
naruball said:
episteme said:

Bundled copies don't count, even physical copies. Similar to Media Create, they never count NSMBU from bundles.

But Titanfall X1 still seems to be overtracked because ISS didn't chart in the NPD top 10 and sold more than TF.

Didn't they count Knack bundles?

I don't think so. Knack was at 90K < Knack < 100K in the November NPD and vgc has it at 221K.

My bad. I should have mentioned that I meant Media Create. 

Around the Network
eFKac said:
mornelithe said:
wick said:

But they wanted to cover the steaming **** that they already knew was releasing within 3 days. (April NPD)

Oh yeah, fo sho, doesn't cover it up though lol :)

celador said:

People on Gaf saying Vita below 5K?

So depressing. :(

Borderlands will save it ;p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

RolStoppable said:
wick said:

Check for yourself:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=183084&page=1#

Perhaps you should be in charge of the VGChartz estimates Rol!!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

naruball said:
episteme said:

I don't think so. Knack was at 90K < Knack < 100K in the November NPD and vgc has it at 221K (EDIT: 221 was global).

My bad. I should have mentioned that I meant Media Create. 

Wait, I was wrong, 221 was global. Maybe the creamsugar leaks included the bundled copies.

Yeah, right, it's strange that Media Create counted Knack, but not NSMBU and Wii Party U from bundles... Famitsu does.

I had connection issues a few minutes ago... That's why I quoted you several times.

mornelithe said:
eFKac said:
mornelithe said:
wick said:

Oh yeah, fo sho, doesn't cover it up though lol :)

For some people it doesn't, for some it may. The kinectless sku positive news will be no doubt more widespread than the negative NPD numbers news. Maybe if there would be no Xbone news recently, the NPD news would be more widespread.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!