By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

kirby007 said:
celador said:
Xbone - 115K@$500 - $57.5M
360 - 71k@$250 - $17.7M
3DS-XL - 100K@$175 - $17.5M
PS3 - 50K@$250 - $12.5M
PS4 - 215K@$400 - $86M
Total = $192M

Someone's math on Gaf. We know overall hardware income was $192 million, not sure if the maths checks out

no wii u

Doesn't matter. The math is automatically bunk for having 360 same price as Ps3.

Around the Network
Heckon said:
If xbone did 115k it must have to do with supply...

Joke apart, what will May looks like now that all are aware the box will have a new 399 sku in June?

Could under 100k be possible?

Under 100K seems to be almost a sure thing...

I'm sorry, is VGC saying the Xbox One is at 217K and NPD is as 115K? What's going on here VGC?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

BenVTrigger said:
thismeintiel said:
BenVTrigger said:

For a new IP pre-orders are DAMN good.

As long as reviews don't bomb it'll be the biggest next gen launch.

Do you think Destiny will be larger, though?

Destiny is going to be massive. I was referring to biggest launch so far YTD.

You guys want a REAL bomb to drop?

I'm feeling generous.

Destiny PS4 pre-orders are already near the same level as Titanfall's were launch week.

You could feel generous a bit more often :P

Thanks for the info!

BenVTrigger said:
thismeintiel said:
BenVTrigger said:

I'm feeling generous.

Destiny PS4 pre-orders are already near the same level as Titanfall's were launch week.

LOL wtf is up with that? I'm seriously puzzled as to why people are so hyped for this game ? Whats the selling point for Destiny apart from Bungie.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
thismeintiel said:
BenVTrigger said:

I'm feeling generous.

Wow!

Shinobi-san said:
BenVTrigger said:
Porcupeth said:
Am I assuming too much when i say that the May NPD gap is going to be huge? Not only will XB1 drop due to kinectless announcement but MLB + Watch Dogs are bound to give PS4 a considerable boost... Could we see a 3:1 ratio? Heck, 4:1 if the announcement-related drop is really big (i have doubts here because not every common man will have heard about it, so the drop can't be THAT big)?

PS4 May so far is trending better than April so take from that what you will.

And X1?

No exclusive this month and a price cut announced for next month. What do you think?

eFKac said:

God damn Benjamin, enough! We don't want you to lose your job!

At least there is hope that gaming isn't doomed, hopefully it won't be as frontloaded as TF...

I'll take a step out on a limb and say it won't be simply in that it looks to have more depth than Titanfall in modes of play.

Sony's PR:

“The April NPD report confirmed that PlayStation 4 was the top selling next gen console and remains the cumulative leader. In addition, inFamous: Second Son was the top-selling next-gen software title in April. Since PS4 launched last November, over 7 million consumers have enjoyed rich and immersive gameplay, powerful graphics, and deeply integrated social features that are only available on PlayStation. Demand for PS4 continues to outstrip supply and we are working incredibly hard to provide additional inventory. We’d like to thank the PlayStation Nation for their amazing support and we’re looking forward to sharing exciting news at E3 next month.”

Shinobi-san said:
BenVTrigger said:

I'm feeling generous.

LOL wtf is up with that? I seriously puzzled as to why people are so hyped for this game ? Whats the selling point for Destiny apart from Bungie.

That might be the answer. FPS usually do well and Bungie being on Sony platforms probably has people excited.