By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

BenVTrigger said:
Max King of the Wild said:
BenVTrigger said:

PS4 May so far is trending better than April so take from that what you will.

MLB bump or no?

Yup MLB was insane for a sports game on a userbase the size of the PS4. Also pre Watch Doge hype building

I always said it would be a good seller due to being the only Baseball game available.

Awesome news!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Blood_Tears said:
atFamousmortimer‏@atPeteDodd·2 mins
Also, considering that VGChartz showed the XB1 winning April in the US... can we get a GAF mod to ban it from twitter also?

What an idiot. People continue to misunderstand what Vgchartz is.

It doesnt ever proclaim to be 100% accurate, and at times it will be completely off.

Shows how immature these so called "insiders" are. Even Pachter gives props to Vgchartz for what they do. GAF is just as bad to be honest, with their whole crusade against Vgchartz. Fucking assholes.

Pachter gave props to their archive of numbers, which have all been adjusted to reflect official trackers and shipments.  Not to their predicting prowess.  Not that he's any better.  And I think people have a right to call out VGC like this.  It has been obvious for awhile now that the PS4 is outselling the One in the US, yet they refuse to adjust their tracking methods.  Most people (on here, anyway) question the numbers out of love and want it to be as accurate as possible, so there's nothing wrong with calling the site out.  Jsut as long as you're not being a complete dick about it.

celador said:
Xbone - 115K@$500 - $57.5M
360 - 71k@$250 - $17.7M
3DS-XL - 100K@$175 - $17.5M
PS3 - 50K@$250 - $12.5M
PS4 - 215K@$400 - $86M
Total = $192M

Someone's math on Gaf. We know overall hardware income was $192 million, not sure if the maths checks out

no wii u

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

BenVTrigger said:
thismeintiel said:
BenVTrigger said:

For a new IP pre-orders are DAMN good.

As long as reviews don't bomb it'll be the biggest next gen launch.

Do you think Destiny will be larger, though?

Destiny is going to be massive. I was referring to biggest launch so far YTD.

You guys want a REAL bomb to drop?

I'm feeling generous.

Destiny PS4 pre-orders are already near the same level as Titanfall's were launch week.

Damn, maybe there really is something to that "pretend exclusivity."

episteme said:
Kresnik said:
If that's true about InFAMOUS outselling Titanfall, then either one of them is incredible undertracked or the other is incredibly overtracked.

Orrrr it's something to do with the Titanfall digital bundle vouchers being counted or not counted as the case may be, which I don't really understand.

Bundled copies don't count, even physical copies. Similar to Media Create, they never count NSMBU from bundles.

But Titanfall X1 still seems to be overtracked because ISS didn't chart in the NPD top 10 and sold more than TF.

Didn't they count Knack bundles?

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
thismeintiel said:
BenVTrigger said:

I'm feeling generous.

Destiny PS4 pre-orders are already near the same level as Titanfall's were launch week.

Holy mother of bombs..........

BenVTrigger said:
Porcupeth said:
Am I assuming too much when i say that the May NPD gap is going to be huge? Not only will XB1 drop due to kinectless announcement but MLB + Watch Dogs are bound to give PS4 a considerable boost... Could we see a 3:1 ratio? Heck, 4:1 if the announcement-related drop is really big (i have doubts here because not every common man will have heard about it, so the drop can't be THAT big)?

PS4 May so far is trending better than April so take from that what you will.

And X1?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BenVTrigger said:
thismeintiel said:
BenVTrigger said:

I'm feeling generous.

God damn Benjamin, enough! We don't want you to lose your job!

At least there is hope that gaming isn't doomed, hopefully it won't be as frontloaded as TF...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

If xbone did 115k it must have to do with supply...

Joke apart, what will May looks like now that all are aware the box will have a new 399 sku in June?

Could under 100k be possible?

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

BenVTrigger said:

I'm feeling generous.

That's awesome. It's going to be even better with hype it'll get from E3.