By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

"Wait til $399 ...$399 will save us. It will be a reckoning". LOLOLOLOL! I'm sorry that's mean.

$399 the new "Wait til Titanfall".

Around the Network

Something that i'm going to point out. Don't kill me.

IF the same level of US overtracking was done last week (10th May) for XB1 here in VGchartz... then the real XB1 numbers were 44k... Only 3k above the PS3.

(globally, not US)

thismeintiel said:
Shinobi-san said:
Blood_Tears said:
atFamousmortimer‏@atPeteDodd·2 mins
Also, considering that VGChartz showed the XB1 winning April in the US... can we get a GAF mod to ban it from twitter also?

What an idiot. People continue to misunderstand what Vgchartz is.

It doesnt ever proclaim to be 100% accurate, and at times it will be completely off.

Shows how immature these so called "insiders" are. Even Pachter gives props to Vgchartz for what they do. GAF is just as bad to be honest, with their whole crusade against Vgchartz. Fucking assholes.

Pachter gave props to their archive of numbers, which have all been adjusted to reflect official trackers and shipments.  Not to their predicting prowess.  Not that he's any better.  And I think people have a right to call out VGC like this.  It has been obvious for awhile now that the PS4 is outselling the One in the US, yet they refuse to adjust their tracking methods.  Most people question the numbers out of love and want it to be as accurate as possible, so there's nothing wrong with calling the site out.  Jsut as long as you're not being a complete dick about it.

Yeah i agree. Sorry i was just getting a bit upset and the immature comment from that so called "insider". Absolutely people should call out Vgc, but while doing so, they need to have perspective as to what Vgchartz is. Vgchartz does not proclaim to have perfect tracking, add to that, the numbers are completely free. So yeah...i really dont see why people advocate for it to banned anywhere.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I usually don't post in these threads, but damn that is horrible. Any word on PS4 and Wii U numbers yet?

I knew numbers were bullshit here, but 100k off? gezz...

Around the Network
DogRemag said:
"Wait til $399 ...$399 will save us. It will be a reckoning". LOLOLOLOL! I'm sorry that's mean.

$399 the new "Wait til Titanfall".

well deserved as i recall wait for lair motorstorm haze

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

NobleTeam360 said:
I usually don't post in these threads, but damn that is horrible. Any word on PS4 and Wii U numbers yet?

Nope still waiting. Although some people are claiming it's close to January's ratio and almost 2:1 in favor of Playstation.

VGC needs to go back and check their sources and redo their formulas if they are going to be off by 100%. 10-30% off is about what I would expect if you are basing your estimates off real world data. 100% off just looks like you are guessing. Obviously these are estimates and not real sales figures, but that is way too high of a margin of error to even be considered an estimate...

Porcupeth said:

Something that i'm going to point out. Don't kill me.

IF the same level of US overtracking was done last week (10th May) for XB1 here in VGchartz... then the real XB1 numbers were 44k... Only 3k above the PS3.

(globally, not US)

And with botched Vita tracking, it is probable that Vita outsold X1 this week. By quite a bit, if we take 42.000 BL2 units from the software charts, and readjust X1 to a current realistic <30K per week.

TheGoldenBoy said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Nope still waiting. Although some people are claiming it's close to January's ratio and almost 2:1 in favor of Playstation.

Oh ok, so probably around 200k then. Thanks!