By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

Porcupeth said:
Am I assuming too much when i say that the May NPD gap is going to be huge? Not only will XB1 drop due to kinectless announcement but MLB + Watch Dogs are bound to give PS4 a considerable boost... Could we see a 3:1 ratio? Heck, 4:1 if the announcement-related drop is really big (i have doubts here because not every common man will have heard about it, so the drop can't be THAT big)?

I wouldn't be surprised to see ~75K in May for XB1, your reasoning is definitely sound.

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:
Am I assuming too much when i say that the May NPD gap is going to be huge? Not only will XB1 drop due to kinectless announcement but MLB + Watch Dogs are bound to give PS4 a considerable boost... Could we see a 3:1 ratio? Heck, 4:1 if the announcement-related drop is really big (i have doubts here because not every common man will have heard about it, so the drop can't be THAT big)?

PS4 May so far is trending better than April so take from that what you will.

Porcupeth said:

don't get greedy,5 months in arow is sufficient pain

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

BenVTrigger said:
Porcupeth said:

MLB bump or no?

BenVTrigger said:
Porcupeth said:

Ben,  do the Watch Dogs numbers look good so far?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
BenVTrigger said:

MLB bump or no?

Yup MLB was insane for a sports game on a userbase the size of the PS4. Also pre Watch Doge hype building

DerNebel said:
sully1311 said:
DerNebel said:
Kagari was one of the NPD leakers right? He says the 2:1 PS4:X1 ratio is correct.

almost 2:1

Yeah, almost. He says it's basically like January.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112150408&postcount=1164

So, PS4 = 210-220K?

JGarret said:
BenVTrigger said:
Porcupeth said:

For a new IP pre-orders are DAMN good.

As long as reviews don't bomb it'll be the biggest next gen launch.

BenVTrigger said:
Porcupeth said:

Dammit ben, stop dropping bombs!

BenVTrigger said:
JGarret said:

For a new IP pre-orders are DAMN good.

As long as reviews don't bomb it'll be the biggest next gen launch.

So you definitely think that Ubisoft will hit their projection of 6.6 million for Watch Dogs if it reviews well?