By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3 so are less inclined to upgrade - one of Yusuf Mehdi's opinions on sales gap

DucksUnlimited said:
This is the type of baseless argument I would expect from an internet fanboy, not the chief marketing officer of a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Desperate PR man is desperate.  I guess ALL those awesome exclusives the 360 has gotten over the past few years has really kept them satisfied.  Oh, wait.  They'd actually have to buy a One to play those, since MS ported them all over to the One to pad the launch lineup.  Good old "weak excuses" MS. 

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Aerys said:

This list really puts him and his company to shame.

This is one of the main justified reasons why the gamers bought a PS4 instead of a X1

Does it really put them to shame? The first thing I thought when I saw the pic in the thread is that it's missing a ton of XBLA games that MS brought to 360 owners. Then I remembered the pic is from last gen when indie/downloadable games didn't matter.

I think it's safer to say that most Xbox fans dropped the "Indie games are just as good a AAA games" argument this gen, since it's quite obvious it doesn't favor their system this go around.

J_Allard said:

Does it really put them to shame? The first thing I thought when I saw the pic in the thread is that it's missing a ton of XBLA games that MS brought to 360 owners

If they're not exclusive they don't count. Got nothing to do with being indie or not, it's the exclusive status. Like Resogun is an exclusive but Outlast isn't.

What a joke. The 360 has been almost worthless since the start of 2011, given that MS abandoned their hardcore crowd for the Kinect push. Sony, meanwhile, have made sure that 2011, 2012 and 2013 were overflowing with exclusive games for the PS3.

Every 360 owner I know has moved over to PS3 in the last few years, and will - or already have - buy a PS4 as well. If anything, fewer people have upgraded to Xbox One because they've been much LESS satisfied with their 360 over the last few years.

Probably the most ignorant and pathetic thing I have ever heard from Microsoft. This whole console launch will be studied by universities for years to come about how to not do PR. They are a complete disaster.

This is a moronic statement, since it's impossible to determine what system each current Xbone and PS4 owner had during the previous generation. Good job, Microsoft, for saying something utterly stupid.

My head is in bits from all this spinning

Bring games, an apology. Not arrogance.

Also let us never forget this gem:

Yusuf Mehdi: Xbox 360 to sell 25 million more units and next gen is going to sell 1 billion units

Around the Network

The 360 was really better than the PS3 in my eyes for most of the generation.

I can understand his thinking. A truely great console keeps it's user base and still produces great games after the last generation has ended, look at the support PS1 got after PS2 release, and PS2 got after PS3 released. In the UK alone, after the PS3 came out, PS2 got Final Fantasy XII, God of War 2, Burnout Dominator, Rogue Galaxy, SingStar (more expansions), then numerous PS2 versions of PSP games, GTA Stories, Syphon Filter, all that. It still had games released until last year when the PS4 was out.

But, this is because it was the PS2, it catered for both casuals and gamers. 360 was not like the PS2, it won't have games released to it at the end of this new generation, PS3 was not like it either. Both had flaws, numerous ones. At some point some of these MS executives have got to accept that, just because their console is losing to PS4 doesn't mean it's doing badly. They need to stop with the faff and create good games (from their studios not other peoples) and do good things for the customer base (like they did the other day).

Hmm, pie.

Leave Phil to do the talking, Yusuf.

Lol, I thought they removed all the idiots from the xbox side of things. Philly Spence should ban this guy from speaking publicly without consent first, because wow that was pretty bad.

Thanks jlmurph!

MohammadBadir said:
The 360 was really better than the PS3 in my eyes for most of the generation.

In my eyes the 360 was only better in 06 (naturally), 07 and some of 08 until I tried MGS4, Wipeout HD, Uncharted, LBP and R&C Future.

The 360 controller was better for the whole generation though and that's saying something about the 1st party games on PS3 outweighing the DS3.