By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3 so are less inclined to upgrade - one of Yusuf Mehdi's opinions on sales gap

Oh so that's why the Vita and WiiU have poor sales. The PSP and Wii gamers are having orgasms while playing them so why would they upgrade? They have to erase the old consoles out of earth so they buy a new one. Genius, simply genius.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Sad to say but here we go again. Microsofts PR is really really lacking for over a year now.

You can say nice things about your product but when comparing make sure there are no big 'holes' in your statement that might get you burned. In this case, they did it again.

Hasn't the Ps3 been outselling the 360 for months now? Relevance anyone?

And nothing more than just an observation: in the Netherlands it is easier to buy a a 'non-released Xboxone' than an 'out of stock since release Ps4'.

Mike_L said:
MohammadBadir said:
The 360 was really better than the PS3 in my eyes for most of the generation.

In my eyes the 360 was only better in 06 (naturally), 07 and some of 08 until I tried MGS4, Wipeout HD, Uncharted, LBP and R&C Future.

The 360 controller was better for the whole generation though and that's saying something about the 1st party games on PS3 outweighing the DS3.

I agree.

Porcupeth said:
J_Allard said:

Does it really put them to shame? The first thing I thought when I saw the pic in the thread is that it's missing a ton of XBLA games that MS brought to 360 owners

If they're not exclusive they don't count. Got nothing to do with being indie or not, it's the exclusive status. Like Resogun is an exclusive but Outlast isn't.

There are plenty not on that list that were exclusive. But like I said, this was last gen, when indie and downloadable games didn't matter to certain people ;)

Needed a good a laugh today, thank Yusif

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Porcupeth said:
J_Allard said:

Does it really put them to shame? The first thing I thought when I saw the pic in the thread is that it's missing a ton of XBLA games that MS brought to 360 owners

If they're not exclusive they don't count. Got nothing to do with being indie or not, it's the exclusive status. Like Resogun is an exclusive but Outlast isn't.

There are plenty not on that list that were exclusive. But like I said, this was last gen, when indie and downloadable games didn't matter to certain people ;)

If it's on PC it's not exclusive

I know very few 360 owners that are satisfied with their 360..many upgrade to a ps3 or ps4...
Xbox burned a LOT of loyal customers who shall not be returning.

Chris Hu said:
VanceIX said:
Chris Hu said:

Your forgetting that the 360 is selling a lot more digital games then the PS3 since it has a much bigger library of digital game both full retail, XBLA and indie games.  Minecraft alone sold more then 10 million copies digital on the 360.  Also the PS3 is not going to close that 63.87 million gap in physical software sales anytime soon if ever and on top of that the 360 has a lot more games that are undertracked.

They don't publish digital sales in general, where did you pull that out from? Minecraft I understand, but I don't see how you could possibly know that they are outselling Sony with XBLA and indie games (and Sony is doing much better on the indie front, mind you).

Also, PS3 software sales have pretty much overtaken 360 software sales. Microsoft has nothing left in the tank for the 360 for the next two years, while the PS3 has loads of exclusives coming up.

I guess you never owned a 360 there are a megaton of indie games on the 360 as a matter of fact there are way more indie games available digitally then full retail and XBLA games (and a lot of those can be classified as indie also).  Also I wouldn't call a bunch of JRPG's that already have been released in Japan as loads of exclusives.  Physical software sales for both the 360 and PS3 will drop off very rapidly.  

I own a 360, it's in my sig. You can add me on XBL if you wanted to as well (not that it would matter, since I never renewed my Gold sub).

If a bunch of JRPGs were released only on PS3 in Japan, and they are localized only for PS3 in the west, they are exclusive. Your argument is laughable at best.

There are more indie games on PS3, period. That is inarguable, Microsoft's policies on indie devs burned a lot of bridges. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

It is true that I enjoy my 360, but the reason I don't wanna upgrade is because, if let's say a worthy game shows up like GTA V Next Gen version, or if I feel like getting my 360 Battlefield 4 to the next gen, it has to be on Xbox One. But for now I'd much rather get a PS4, yet I'm done with paying to play online, and both don't have enough games justifying a purchase. So I'm building a PC instead.

-CraZed- said:
I was so much more satisfied with my 360 than my PS3 that I gave it away to a coworker 3 years before I sold my PS3 to buy a PS4...

MS would spin that by saying, you loved your 360 so much you just had to share it and no one wanted your PS3 :P