By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3 so are less inclined to upgrade - one of Yusuf Mehdi's opinions on sales gap

Yet on a weekly basis, the PS3 continues to out sell the XB360......... Go figure.

Around the Network

I was so much more satisfied with my 360 than my PS3 that I gave it away to a coworker 3 years before I sold my PS3 to buy a PS4...

veritaz said:
cmay227 said:
If software sales on the 360 are any indication, then he's right.

360 got outsold by PS3 in software for the past 2 years. It still continues. 

Your forgetting that the 360 is selling a lot more digital games then the PS3 since it has a much bigger library of digital game both full retail, XBLA and indie games.  Minecraft alone sold more then 10 million copies digital on the 360.  Also the PS3 is not going to close that 63.87 million gap in physical software sales anytime soon if ever and on top of that the 360 has a lot more games that are undertracked.

Chris Hu said:
veritaz said:
cmay227 said:

Your forgetting that the 360 is selling a lot more digital games then the PS3 since it has a much bigger library of digital game both full retail, XBLA and indie games.  Minecraft alone sold more then 10 million copies digital on the 360.  Also the PS3 is not going to close that 63.87 million gap in physical software sales anytime soon if ever and on top of that the 360 has a lot more games that are undertracked.

He claims knowing that digital sales aren't as throughly tracked as retail, so the chance of him being countered by facts is small.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Its very true, well for me I enjoyed my 360 over the longer period then the PS3. If I had to choose one console last gen to last me 8 years then the 360 hands down. It just was a better package. Sony did release some gems at the end of the PS3s life however so did the 360 with games like Halo 4 and Fable Anniversary etc.

I believe the 360 was one of the greatest consoles ever made, it pushed online gaming, it had great single player games and some of the best Multiplayer games. It just seemed everyone was playing the 360. The most amazing part about the 360 for me was it was out preforming the PS3 with weaker hardware. That's why this gen I don't follow who has the better hardware because its never the case, especially these days with the power of both machines.

Epic spin

its official then the "13 markets" love it ,all fanboys at heart

some interesting reasons as to why PS4 is winning especially in the US,i hope the PS4 can hang onto a lead for as long as possible in the US,good ammo for us fanboys

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Aerys said:
Porcupeth said:

XBLA and PSN titles not included on either side... Most of the good XBLA games aren't even exclusive anyway.

This list really puts him and his company to shame.

This is one of the main justified reasons why the gamers bought a PS4 instead of a X1

Quality over Qunatity. For me its never who has the most games but who has the best games. Seems like 2014 to 2015 360 is getting more support then PS3 with games like Titanfall/PvZ/Fable Anniversary and more. Its a see saw race. The 360 has been out for 8 years and you just look at the last 3 years? lol 360 had more high lights in its life circle then the PS3.

Feels like the reverse this gen with XBOX ONE has alot more AAAs then the PS4. Both will have games at this E3 but i feel MS has covered more lost ground then Sony with what i am hearing about this coming E3.

Chris Hu said:
veritaz said:
cmay227 said:

They don't publish digital sales in general, where did you pull that out from? Minecraft I understand, but I don't see how you could possibly know that they are outselling Sony with XBLA and indie games (and Sony is doing much better on the indie front, mind you).

Also, PS3 software sales have pretty much overtaken 360 software sales. Microsoft has nothing left in the tank for the 360 for the next two years, while the PS3 has loads of exclusives coming up.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC