By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games will make you "satisfied" with your Wii U purchase before a new console is announced?

Iwata recently said that they will not release new hardware until their current users are "satisfied." Now I personally think that the Wii U only has 2 1/2 years left on the market, but that's not what this is about. Here's my big question:

What games will make you "satisfied" with your Wii U purchase? What games would have to be out by the time Nintendo's next console comes out for you to not be pissed about it?

All of them. Conceptual or not, make a list of all the games you want released before you'd be okay with Nintendo releasing a successor to the Wii U.

Here's my list:

- Zelda for Wii U

- Starfox for Wii U (like Assault)

- TPS Metroid (not developed by Sakamoto)

- Mario Kart 8

- Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U (c wut i did ther)

- Pokken Fighters (with sound design and particles as good as Killer Instinct. Oh, and Toxicroak better be playable)

- X

- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (open world JRPG set in an urban city)

- 3D Donkey Kong game (one that's not a collect-a-thon)

- A game that plagerizes Sunset Overdrive without shame (Project S.T.E.A.M.?)

- A 3D Sonic game that takes the roller coaster, momentum based level design and mechanics found in Sonic Advance 2 (No 2D stages)

- Open World Mario (Because "real 3D Mario" is too complex a concept for a lot of you to understand)

- Kid Icarus Wii U

- 3D Kirby game

- Bayonetta 2, I guess

If most of these games came out by the end of the consoles life cycle, I'd be very much satisfied.

Around the Network

I'm honestly already satisfied once everything announced hits. Any extra stuff after that will just be a bonus for me :D

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Ka-pi96 said:
I'd be happy with Mario Kart 8 and a good Pokemon game.

...So if Nintendo released those two games and then another system the next day, you'd be okay with that?

I'm happy with the current line up of titles we're getting, and new Zelda, Metroid, F Zero Tec.

I guess the big issue for me not to feel ripped off is time; if the Wii U stops receiving support before Winter 2016 then I'm going to feel a though I've not had my money's worth, almost regardless of the precise number of games.

What I will say though is that at some point this year I will be getting a ps4 and when I do my Wii U and it will hAve to compete for my attention (and with a baby on the way, my attention will be in demand).

So I guess what I'm saying is I want 4 years or more of quality releases and for my Wii U not to get forgotten about. I actually sold off my launch Wii a year or so after launch because the games weren't there compared to my 360, and I don't want my Wii U to share that fate

Weird question. I usually decide if I will be satisfied with a console BEFORE I buy it.
Are there people who bought the WiiU and are not satisfied?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'm allready happy with the games so far: New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World, ZombiU, Lego City Undercover, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and some fun indie games (e.g. Trine 2). With Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Brothers on the way I get all that my gaming heart desires. I will also buy Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze later this year.

But if there's some more, I would really love a sequel of ZombiU and another Mario Galaxy.

edit: and a Wii U version of Animal Crossing for my daughter

Mario Kart, Smash Bros and 3d world are the only games i'll need to make my purchase of a Wii U worth it. Will be buying one in around a month probably.

I'm not that picky:

• Art Academy U
  • Advance Wars Unlimited
  • Big Brain University
  • Endless Ocean III
  • Picross 4 U (3D and normal)
  • Project Zero Unsettled
  • Super Mario Universe
  • New Legend of Zelda: ...
  • Wii Sports Land (mesh between WSR, NintendoLand and Go Vacation)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Let's see..
#1- A 3D Mario that is more like Mario 64/ Mario Sunshine
#2- A Paper Mario game that is not like Sticker Star
#3- Zelda U
#4-MK8
#5- Smash Bros WiiU
#6- A Kirby game
#7- A 3D DK game
#8- Star Fox WiiU

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

vivster said:
Weird question. I usually decide if I will be satisfied with a console BEFORE I buy it.
Are there people who bought the WiiU and are not satisfied?

I believe OP means satisifed until the end of the Wii U's life. I'm happy with the Wii U as is, but if it's without successor for ~5 years and nothing new is released it would be a disappointing system overall.

For me, I'd say:

Zelda
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
X
Bayonetta 2
Mighty No. 9
Pokken Fighter
Nintendo RPG - Paper Mario and/or Earthbound
Metroid (2D, 3D or something in between)
Star Fox (similar to N64)
Something crazy by Suda51 (more like Killer 7, less like Killer is Dead)
Puzzle games (like pushblox/pullblox, picross etc.) to complement the library
Board/card games that run on the gamepad (akin to Othello shown in the Wii U reveal), again to complement the library

But mostly, I want more games that use asymmetrical multiplayer. Nintendoland is a fantastic example (and Game+Wario to a lesser degree) of novel multiplayer experiences. Hex Heroes has potential: