By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What games will make you "satisfied" with your Wii U purchase before a new console is announced?

spemanig said:
horus said:
spemanig said:
horus said:
spemanig said:
horus said:
W101 and the gamepad. That's why I bought the system.

Again, if Nintendo released a new console tomorrow, and all you had was W101 and the gamepad, you'd be just peachy? You'd be ready to support the next one?

Pretty much. Though I should mention backwards compatibility as a factor for the wii u purchase as well. If the new system had a game or a unique feature that gained my interest I would certainly buy it, pending the cost. I have become a casual  gamer over the years and not too concerned with the amount of games a system has.    

Lol, I thought I was casual, but I would be pissed if I only got one game out of a $300 purchase.

Well realistically, you know it will be more than one game you would likely purchase. The are other games I want to play like Bayonetta 2, Mk8, and smash. I would say if it wasn't for W101, the gamepad and off-tv play, and the price, I wouldn't have purchased the system so soon. I would have likely waited until the price had dropped significantly. I only paid $215 for it with new mario before the price drop.

That's what this thread is about though. How many and what games would Nintendo have to have out for you to be ready and willing to accept an upgrade.

My answer still would be the same but I will add indie games. I have had fun with the games I have purchased and  if nintendo decided to push those games I mention to the next system, I would purchase that system but only for a reasonable price. But this all is dependent on the quality of w101. If I didn't like that game then I would say I would say the three games I mentioned with zelda and possibly metroid. 

Around the Network
spemanig said:

so stupid.

We can go back and forth until we're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that most of that list is just hopes and wishes, aside from the things that were actually confirmed. Don't misunderstand - I'd definitely like to see as many great games as possible on Wii U too, including a lot of those you mentioned. I'm simply tempering my expectations, and explaining my reasing behind it, as not all of them are realistic expectations. Plausible, sure, realistic; no - not all of them.

No need to act like that just because you don't agree with my points.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

X
Pokemon game
those 2 at least.... I'd say FE and Animal crossing, but i'm pretty sure FE would flop seeing as how Donkey Kong flopped and its arguably more popular.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Cheebee said:
spemanig said:

so stupid.

We can go back and forth until we're blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that most of that list is just hopes and wishes, aside from the things that were actually confirmed. Don't misunderstand - I'd definitely like to see as many great games as possible on Wii U too, including a lot of those you mentioned. I'm simply tempering my expectations, and explaining my reasing behind it, as not all of them are realistic expectations. Plausible, sure, realistic; no - not all of them.

No need to act like that just because you don't agree with my points.

No, they are realistic expectations. This is not a hopes and dreams list. This is not a "what I want to see list." This is a "90% of these games need to be out before Nintendo's next console" list. Nintendo flat out confirmed half of these. I'm not saying that all of them will come out, but as far as I can tell, the most unlikely listed are the SO clone and the 3D Kirby, simply because there is no precident. Everything else is extremely likely.

We can go back and forth, can't we?

Bare minimum would be a proper Zelda-game that is not a remake

Around the Network
spemanig said:

No, they are realistic expectations. This is not a hopes and dreams list. This is not a "what I want to see list." This is a "90% of these games need to be out before Nintendo's next console" list. Nintendo flat out confirmed half of these. I'm not saying that all of them will come out, but as far as I can tell, the most unlikely listed are the SO clone and the 3D Kirby, simply because there is no precident. Everything else is extremely likely.

We can go back and forth, can't we?

Well, let's agree to disagree, then. I'd like them to come out but don't expect those I pointed out to actually do, and you do. Let's just leave it at that.

On a side note - Nintendo really need to confirm Endless Ocean 3 for Wii U. I'd be satisfied with that.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

All I ever need is Paper Mario. Every Nintendo system is worth it just for that series alone.

Because Nintendo saved the video game industry ( they did not have to, they could have gone into coal mining, fishing, brothels etc or any other industry), they don t owe us fans/ console owners any games at all- so once I bought the console I was 100% satisfied- the only reason I bough games after that is due to Reggie saying they needed to sell at least 1 game to reach profitability - so I buy 1 game a month to do my part -
The Wii u is still being manufactured at a loss so don t let the recent info stating ( read Iwatas investor Q and A) otherwise dissuade u from continuing to do your part too!

So as a true Nintendo fan I don t need games but now that they are making games Nintendo thinks we should purchase at high rates- we should do so - they know better not the silly marketplace

We should all be ashamed Nintendo is having to advertise and even explain some aspects of the Wii u - we should trust them on blind faith

Metroid U.
Kid Icarus Uprising U.
I could list a bunch of other things but I don't have the time nor willpower to do so.

Minecfaft - Nintendo will regret not getting it on the Wii U - a large and growing the next generation of gamers are in love w Minecraft and want a console that has it