By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229

PS4 Worldwide.

The Xbox might reduce the gap in the US, but it's going to be hard to overcome all this poor public perception.

Around the Network

Xbone will dominate UK? LOLWUT!?

the gap will be get smaller but PS4 will still lead

If you're looking for more Microsoft exclusive games that do not utilize Kinect and have yet to buy one, priced at $399 certainly makes it more tempting. Other than that, PS4 would still be the better option.

What do you think? You think this is gonna make a big difference in europe?

In the US, i dunno.

Around the Network

This price cut is really going to help during the holidays. But we can still expect a sales edge for PS4.

Shame they aren't bundling a game with the $399 bundle. That would help sales.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

foodfather said:
Wow that poll is dumb. People are forgetting two main things;

1. Xbox One is yet to be released in dozens of regions

2. Halo

Xbox One will easily catch up to the PS4, dont know if it can ever surpass it though.

1. And what makes you think the Xbox One will outsell the PS4 in the same regions it has yet to be released?

2. What about it?

So what's stopping the Xbox One from surpassing the PS4?

They should have had the kinectless version from the start i believe.
Now this doesnt really feel like a pricecut at all to me.
The Kinect was supposely be worth quite some money.
So for me the price in value is the same. But they bring it as a pricecut.

xbox1 will have an initial boost, but once all is done i feel ps4 will still pull ahead. i predict much more games releasing on ps4 and games with better visuals will entice gamers

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Shadow1980 said:
Seems some people are implicitly assuming that the XBO will now win the U.S. & UK by default since the 360 did.

In fairness, this is basically as advanced an analysis as many folks on this site are capable of, and it's more than quite a few others can muster.

Edit: I am apparently the official New Page Starter for this thread.