By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229

PS4 will always have the upper hand on performance, and If consumers is aware of that, PS4 will always be ahead.it'll come down to exclusives.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I still slightly prefer the PS4. Microsoft has more exclusives, but the sum of them just make me go meh.

Still, I expect this means that the market will be split the way it was last gen, with the North America market going XBox and the world going Playstation.

Ironically, I think this actually makes the Wii U a more viable console. Because the split between the PS4 and X1 is almost dead even, you CAN convince players to wait and buy something else in the meantime. Nintendo now has the initiative with the cheap console, and if they can put a few good titles on the Wii U, they can scoop up a lot of gamers who are hesitating between the X1 and PS4. Nintendo has their work cut out to exploit this (and it's not terribly likely) but a homerun E3 will now save the Wii U. Before, the PS4 was just too much of a juggernaut in the market to do anything.

Worldwide: PS4
US and UK: Xbox One

Basically, it'll be the exact same as the last console generation. Xbox in the US and UK, Playstation everywhere else.

Globally PS4 no question. PS3 outsold 360 globally by a large margin and for virtually the whole generation it was more expensive. I can't see a same priced Xbox faring any better.

However I think it's quite possible for the Kinectless sku to secure a generation leading position in North America and UK. So it could be a repeat of gen 7 between PS and Xb only with PS4 having a bigger lead in most countries and the Xb one lead much reduced in USA and UK.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

As many have said, PS4 worldwide. However, a $399 X1 won't make US and UK 'xbox land' easily either. PS4 still has ground in both territories, and if Sony plays it right, can still maintain a constant lead.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

The PS4 will dominate in every place except the US, UK and Antarctica!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't care aabout sales. Competition is not my game. Here in Spain everybody voted for PP.

Xbox One is better IMO IRF (In Real Fact).

I'm not talking to you.

I'm not social on this website.

Sorry for my english.

Bye.

I'm not talking to you. I'm not social on this website. Sorry.

The Xbox On has way better chances right now. A new king is born!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

You know what, I still think PS4 will come out ahead in the US. The XBO had a price drop in March with a free game bundled yet it still wasn't enough to overtake PS4. I don't know if this will be either. Might take UK though.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!