By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229

Wow that poll is dumb. People are forgetting two main things;

1. Xbox One is yet to be released in dozens of regions

2. Halo

Xbox One will easily catch up to the PS4, dont know if it can ever surpass it though.

Around the Network

The Xbox One has become much more appealing to me now.

foodfather said:
Wow that poll is dumb. People are forgetting two main things;

1. Xbox One is yet to be released in dozens of regions

2. Halo

Xbox One will easily catch up to the PS4, dont know if it can ever surpass it though.

I think it will only catch up in the US and in the UK, ps4 outself X1 there by only 10 % and it sold lower the last 2 weeks, such a price cut will do wonder for X1.

Even if it sells double, it won't catch up in a year in Europe, and ps3 shows that It will remain like this in europe.

Japan is out of the talk.

i guess sony should counter the move by including camera @ $399 :D it'll be fun. But i honestly think MS should have announced this at E3 it would have been a megaton, just like ps4 price was last e3. also this give sony a heads up on how MS will be coming in at E3, and this announcement puts Sony in a better position to counter MS at E3.

taus90 said:
i guess sony should counter the move by including camera @ $399 :D it'll be fun. But i honestly think MS should have announced this at E3 it would have been a megaton, just like ps4 price was last e3. also this give sony a heads up on how MS will be coming in at E3, and this announcement puts Sony in a better position to counter MS at E3.

I agree completely and it seems like someone is seriously dropping the ball on MS side. You don't pre-announce a price cut to your flagship product. You drop it like it's hot making the biggest spectacle possible with the 'GO BUY IT NOW' type of attitude. Especially with E3 around the corner. Who the hell is their strategist exactly? :)

Around the Network

I think XBox will reclaim the US with this move, but the rest of the world will stay team PS. I wish it wouldn't be that way, as I'd like my friends here in the US to get the PS4, but for some reason Americans eat-up XBox way more than anyone else.

LOL, all the last gen ports+Watch dogs will mean PS4 keeps up good momentum during summer (50k us/week) whereas Xbone continues to fall after a sharp, but short uptick in sales for a couple of weeks post price cut.

Then sony brings out the big guns in the Holidays with a $50 price drop co-inciding with The Order, coupled with the (inevitable) WiiU price drop Microsoft will get put firmly back in their place. All the while the xbox division hurts microsoft and the anti-xbox contingent continue to chip away at the resolve of the CEO's who want to keep Xbox.

I think it will only catch up in the US and in the UK, ps4 outself X1 there by only 10 % and it sold lower the last 2 weeks, such a price cut will do wonder for X1.

Even if it sells double, it won't catch up in a year in Europe, and ps3 shows that It will remain like this in europe.

Japan is out of the talk.

shikamaru317 said:
setsunatenshi said:
taus90 said:

I agree completely and it seems like someone is seriously dropping the ball on MS side. You don't pre-announce a price cut to your flagship product. You drop it like it's hot making the biggest spectacle possible with the 'GO BUY IT NOW' type of attitude. Especially with E3 around the corner. Who the hell is their strategist exactly? :)

You guys are forgetting, if they sprung this announcement at E3 those who bought the Xbox One in May and the first week of June will get pissed off because they just paid an extra $100. This whole move is about being consumer friendly, from offering free games with Gold, to removing the paywall on aps, to offering a kInect-less option to those who don't like Kinect, to giving consumers forewarning of a price drop. There would have been hate articles spreading bad publicity ofr Microsoft just like their were for the Titanfall bundle at $450. By getting the Kinectless bundle announcement out of the way early they've given forewarning to potential purchasers to preorder the Kinect-less bundle instead and avoided that hate storm. They also now have the perception on their side that their E3 conference must be amazing if they decided to announce this move before E3. 

Besides, if they announced it at E3 Sony's conference is still several hours after Microsoft's, Sony's Board of Directors would still have time to have a meeting and decide on a price drop before Sony's conference. Regardless, I don't see Sony doing anything price/bundle wise to counter this move, the PS4 is one of the few profitable products Sony has, manufacturing costs drops since launch would only allow maybe a $30 price cut without selling the console at a loss. Sony doesn't really need to do anythign to counter this, they will still hold the global lead even with Xbox One at $400. Sony likely will bring nearly every game they have to E3 this year and hold very few games back, but Microsoft is bringing the games this year too according to Phil.

That's why you 'leak' that a price cut might be coming and then announce it with a Bang. This way the more hardcore fans will be on the loop feeling like having previleged sources, but the unsuspecting people would buy it anyway and not give 2 shits or even be aware that the price fell after they bought the system.

But hey, that's just my take :)

Like I said before, I don't expect anything to change for the better in MS's point of view on the console race, much to the contrary.

X1 outselling ps4 in UK and US by a wide margin

Believe it