By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229

PS4 will carry on leading IMO. X1 was already available with Kinect for less than a PS4 at one point in the UK but didn't really push the X1 massively ahead.

Definitely think MS have made the right choice in dumping the mandation of Kinect with an X1 purchase though. It'll at least give it a fighting chance. Rest of it will come down to what games come out on both systems in the next 6 months now.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Pretty easy

Xbox One will now be available to achieve a draw in the USA and UK
Still not enough cause its about how good you are global
The PS4 will be easily 20+ Million ahead at the end of the Gen.Xbox has no chance outside of the USA and UK to actually Win and even there they can only hope to achieve a draw or be slightly ahead.
Such a scenario like the 360 had in the USA won't come again.

Wow, didn't think the PS4 would be winning by a landslide. I think its anybody's game now but the $499 price tag was not a real deal braker for Xbox fans to begin with. This new price is more towards parents and casuals.

I think it will make things more competitive, both companies gotta step their game up.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

enditall727 said:

.. Just a friendly question about which console may sell better. 

Edit: and DO NOT report my damn thread

This seems...defensive.

Anyways, Four is more than One, so I'm going to go with the Quatro.

It doesn't matter who "wins" as long as both consoles are viable and successful and have great games to offer. Fortunately, this price drop solidifies the future success of Xbox One. As many have said, it's really all about the games now.

E3 is going to be huge.

Around the Network

I dont think PS4 numbers will decline at all, XOnes will rise but I dont think theyll rise enought to pass PS4s.

MoHasanie said:
PS4 will still do better even in NA and UK.

Agreed.

PS4 is still the more powerful system so it should still win North America in the long run. Globally, PS4 will handily win.

The exclusive games (Uncharted or Halo) will help each system transiently around that game's release period. But in the end, the 3rd party games are still substantially superior on PS4, and this will be the reason to use the PS4 as the primary gaming system.

Last gen, I played PS3 for Uncharted and Gran Turismo, and I played multiplayer/coop on Xbox360.

This gen, I'll play everything on PS4, and I'll probably play only Halo or Gears of War on Xbox1.

PS3 outsold 360 despite years of less hype and a higher price.

XB1 did not receive the Titanfall boost

PS4 had a stronger launch and maintains hype and has Destiny coming out.

= PS4 win all gen

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

PS4. I see X1 re-taking USA and keeping it. The UK will be really close, but as long as multiplats look and play better on the PS4, it will keep that territory. Everywhere else will be dominated by the PS4.

I am the Playstation Avenger.