By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229
BeElite said:

lol

Facts PS4s hardware is superior, PS brand is bigger PS library is bigger PS has better 3rd party games has more support has more indies Plus is better.

So x has what exactly ? better servers and thats it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

In US, it'll be close (PS4 slightly ahead), elsewhere, still pS4 by a very sizable margin.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Useless thread of course the PS4

setsunatenshi said:

The hardware is absolutely amazing, how can you ever call it shitty? I could conceive someone saying they would like certain games to be released on it (some type of GTA, GoW, etc) or wanting lower prices for the memory cards. Personally the main thing that I wish would be to have the full JP library of games localized. I look at the top of the software list and see Sword Art Online while thinking... damn... only in JP so far!

Still, none of these things make the Vita shitty in itself. I have a ton more awesome games for it than my 3ds that everyone seems to find amazing (after their huge price cut)

What I'm getting at is I also have the opinion that Vita is shitty and that doesn't mean I've never owned a Playstation console before like you accused someone of earlier.   

I don't like Vita's original software library if you prefer words that arent shitty. For me a console is only as good as it's software library. If that library doesn't appeal to me then you can see my opinion of the console itself wont amount to much.  

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

That's some beautiful Sony indoctrination you got there. (Whistles impressively)

Nevermind that is not fact but opinion and totally subjective, it is arguable X1 has a edge on system sellers, online services, and LIVE in general.

lol

Facts PS4s hardware is superior, PS brand is bigger PS library is bigger PS has better 3rd party games has more support has more indies Plus is better.

Superior hardware and better 3rd party games are the same point. Hardware is on-paper....games are in-practice. Stop inflating your list lol.

Still, both consoles are near identical and the pros you claim PS4 to have aren't the landslide Sony wants to to believe. Again, impressive fan mentality you got going on. "facts" lol gets me every time.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

That's some beautiful Sony indoctrination you got there. (Whistles impressively)

Nevermind that is not fact but opinion and totally subjective, it is arguable X1 has a edge on system sellers, online services, and LIVE in general.

lol

Superior hardware and better 3rd party games are the same point. Hardware is on-paper....games are in-practice. Stop inflating your list lol.

Still, both consoles are near identical and the pros you claim PS4 to have aren't the landslide Sony wants to to believe. Again, impressive fan mentality you got going on. "facts" lol gets me every time.

360 was technically weaker yet had the better 3rd aprty games.

Those two points are seperate in any logical mind exepct your xbox apologist one. 

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

360 was technically weaker yet had the better 3rd aprty games.

Those two points are seperate in any logical mind exepct your xbox apologist one. 

But 360 didn't have betetr looking 1st party exclusives for the most part.

Better hardware leads to better looking games. I wouldn't talk logic......you seem blind to the merits of the competition where as I am not.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

nitekrawler1285 said:
setsunatenshi said:

The hardware is absolutely amazing, how can you ever call it shitty? I could conceive someone saying they would like certain games to be released on it (some type of GTA, GoW, etc) or wanting lower prices for the memory cards. Personally the main thing that I wish would be to have the full JP library of games localized. I look at the top of the software list and see Sword Art Online while thinking... damn... only in JP so far!

Still, none of these things make the Vita shitty in itself. I have a ton more awesome games for it than my 3ds that everyone seems to find amazing (after their huge price cut)

What I'm getting at is I also have the opinion that Vita is shitty and that doesn't mean I've never owned a Playstation console before like you accused someone of earlier.   

I don't like Vita's original software library if you prefer words that arent shitty. For me a console is only as good as it's software library. If that library doesn't appeal to me then you can see my opinion of the console itself wont amount to much.  

so if the software library on the Vita doesn't appeal to you, why did you purchase it?

sales2099 said:

Better hardware leads to better looking games. I wouldn't talk logic......you seem blind to the merits of the competition where as I am not.

Mayeb casue curently xbox lack merits, ever think that.  Sales seem to support that notion. 

I guess same price as PS4 with its superior hardware is a merit in your eyes. 

BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

Mayeb casue curently xbox lack merits, ever think that.  Sales seem to support that notion. 

I guess same price as PS4 with its superior hardware is a merit in your eyes. 

No....sales are the result of many things. Price gap, geographical brand loyalty, negative Xbox PR......these are things that have nothing to do with what the console actually does.

Better system sellers and online network is always a merit to me, yes.