By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229

I don't see it making much of a difference but what will change the playing field is what ms and sony announce at e3 or fail to announce.

Around the Network
rodboxxbouse said:
ABTR said:
I think it wiil be a good reason for vg to continue overtrack the xbone sales at least is a good exuse, not offense just saying

Exact :)

Not really overtracked, 1k is not overtracked

sales2099 said:

Xbox 1 = leader of English speaking world.

Fine by me, since I as well as 99% of people who post here, apply to this :)

Any mod can verify that this is far from the case.

As for the OP. I think the ps4 will lead almost everywhere, and I can see it beating xbone even in the US and UK.

foodfather said:
Wow that poll is dumb. People are forgetting two main things;

1. Xbox One is yet to be released in dozens of regions

2. Halo

Xbox One will easily catch up to the PS4, dont know if it can ever surpass it though.

How is the poll dumb? There's an option for xbone winning the race.

As for your points:

1. Mostly sony territories , which will result in thousands of sales, not close to a million any time soon, i.e. minor difference. There is a reason ms didn't bother launching their console there. And after all this time and a lot of people having a ps4 already, do you think many gamers will buy an xbone over  a ps4 when all their friends have a ps4?

2. Uncharted? The Last of Us?

When do you think it will easily catch up? 2 months from now? By the end of they year? 

ps4

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

i dont care which one will sell more but i will buy xbox one
and i was only ps gamer ( ps1 ps2 ps3 psp even shitty vita) but its enough i dont want to play indie titles or only single player focused games anymore .until sony release good multiplayer games i dont touch playstation brand anymore

xbo needs to be cheaper with less power. ps4 still has the edge.

all ps4 exc to date are mediocre games
iNfamous
Killzone
knack
and ?

i cant believe what they did to my fav franchise(infamous) turn into graphic showcase.
that game has no souls at all .

atleast on ONE has still funny and good games like killer instinct, deaD3,ryse and stuff goes on

X1 will start outselling Ps4, wait for it.

It seems like a lot of people assume that the cheaper price is the only reason the PS4 is selling better, and the this price drop will fix things.

I wonder what the new excuse will be if the PS4 continues to outsell the XBox One in the US/UK after the price drop? Wait for Halo 5?