By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229

Well my gut tells me PS4 of obvious reasons. And imagine if Sony announces a price cut during E3, that would be "a punch in the nuts" for MS.

Around the Network

I'm not sure price is the only thing wrong with the X1. If that were the case I would assume TF bundle would have been far more effective in moving hardware.

For those in the know the comparison still isn't a favorable one. It's well known you aren't getting hardware parity even if there is price parity. Microsoft's 1st party output doesn't tend to be as large as Sony's. I imagine that with less consoles sold we are going to see less goodwill exclusives.

Xbox content doesn't traditionally reach out to those consumers whom aren't in the know. Even for software targeted at that audience such as Kinect Sports Rivals and Fantasia 500 is simply too much. Even if it included Kinect at 399 Wii U's sales say it would still be too much.

It's a rock and a hard place to be sure.

Well, if the Amazon and Gamestop (in the US) rankings are anything to go by, definitely the PS4. The $399 One has been on sale for a few hours, now, and it has only reached #85 on Amazon and #123 on Gamestop, for the past hour. Compare that to the PS4, which is #4 on Amazon and #44 on Gamestop. Just doesn't seem to be much pent up demand for the One, even at $399. I think to actually compete, due to the well publicized power gap, they needed to drop it to $349.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Now that price its the same and we all know that was like 95 % the reason ps4 was selling more , its obvious xbone will sell more right?

What is this based off of? PS has always been a bigger brand than Xbox. Xbox One doesn't have to be crippled for PS to win. 

One is still a much better product bigger brand while lacking all the negativity.

Around the Network

ps4 still even in the us and uk, xb1 might get a few npd wins here and there but the HW is the same price its not like last gen where you had 360 being about $100-200 cheaper than the ps3. you also have to factor in that at the same price you getting superior multis on PS4 i cant see this price cut having meaningful effects during the summer months since both consoles have similar SW releases do to more and more games going multi

Play Me

We will see how it's gonna be on the games side. I hope at least Xbone can fight the PS4 in UK and US, rest of the world is no chance for MS, sadly.

Well I cant wait to see the AU pricing now. Seeing as it used to be $600 vs $550. XBO should now be cheaper.
Also the WiiU premium is $428 and has never received a price drop like it did elsewhere.
This could be just what MS needed to pursue people like my brother (360 owner on the fence) to go XBO over PS4.
Although MS will still need a strong E3 showing of course.

edit: seems EB already has it up for preorder at $500, now $50 cheaper than PS4. Wonder if any retailer will start to make their own bundles with the stand alone XBO now.

Well, I am just one person, but, now that I can get an x1 without the worthless kinect, I am getting one on the launch of the kinect less bundle. Don't care about the slightly less powerful hardware. They're close enough that I don't really see a big difference. I'm jumping in and can't wait.

I'd say in America and the UK they'll sell equally but in the rest of the world nothing will change.

The PS5 Exists.