By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that PS4 and X1 are both going to be $399, which will now sell better?

Who will sell better after sales settle?

I think the PS4 will be ahead 1,012 82.28%

I think the X1 will be ahead 80 6.50%

I think it's anyone's game 137 11.14%

Total:1,229
sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

But 360 didn't have betetr looking 1st party exclusives for the most part.

Better hardware leads to better looking games. I wouldn't talk logic......you seem blind to the merits of the competition where as I am not.

Mayeb casue curently xbox lack merits, ever think that.  Sales seem to support that notion. 

I guess same price as PS4 with its superior hardware is a merit in your eyes. 

No....sales are the result of many things. Price gap, geographical brand loyalty, negative Xbox PR......these are things that have nothing to do with what the console actually does.

Better system sellers and online network is always a merit to me, yes.

So go buy a PS4 as it has both better.  especially system sellers.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

No....sales are the result of many things. Price gap, geographical brand loyalty, negative Xbox PR......these are things that have nothing to do with what the console actually does.

Well this might sound KARAZZZIE, but aside from Naughty Dog, which carries Sony 1st party IMO, I don't see their exclusives as worth owning that MS games or 3rd party games can't do.

I love Halo, which Sony can't replicate a better sci-fi FPS with a deep lore to explore. I have always viewed Forza as the better SIM, Fable 2 is one of my favourite WRPGS which Sony hasn't done and hope future Fables recapture that magic. I played Devil May Cry 4 instead of God of War. I played Gears of War instead of Uncharted. I don't have a gaming PC rig so any Xbox/PC titles are mine to enjoy, most recently Titanfall for 360.Not every gamer fits into your personal, balck and white viewpoint of whats better and what isn't. I hope you understand.

To anybody reading this and feel the urge to counter, this is just my preference and not a attack.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Watch Dogs will sell PS4 everywhere including US and UK. Sorry M$, time to put white flag and sell xbox brand.

setsunatenshi said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
setsunatenshi said:

The hardware is absolutely amazing, how can you ever call it shitty? I could conceive someone saying they would like certain games to be released on it (some type of GTA, GoW, etc) or wanting lower prices for the memory cards. Personally the main thing that I wish would be to have the full JP library of games localized. I look at the top of the software list and see Sword Art Online while thinking... damn... only in JP so far!

Still, none of these things make the Vita shitty in itself. I have a ton more awesome games for it than my 3ds that everyone seems to find amazing (after their huge price cut)

What I'm getting at is I also have the opinion that Vita is shitty and that doesn't mean I've never owned a Playstation console before like you accused someone of earlier.   

I don't like Vita's original software library if you prefer words that arent shitty. For me a console is only as good as it's software library. If that library doesn't appeal to me then you can see my opinion of the console itself wont amount to much.  

so if the software library on the Vita doesn't appeal to you, why did you purchase it?

Tearaway, Dragon's Crown, Gravity Rush, UMvC3, Katamari, Super Monkey Ball, some indies like Guacamelee appealed to me. Small list I know but who cares if it's slim pickings when I can play my favorite PS1 and PSP classics.

Except I still can't even play Crash flipping Bandicoot on Vita. I don't think I'm being impatient.  We are at 2 years and 3 months in this region.  

rodboxxbouse said:
A gamer using his brain of course will buy a PS4, the only one with a future, look at 7th generation.

I'm lookin'. What am I looking for?

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
rodboxxbouse said:
A gamer using his brain of course will buy a PS4, the only one with a future, look at 7th generation.

I'm lookin'. What am I looking for?

This

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168885

PS4 should have all territories. It has the momentum and positive word of mouth. Plus with Project morpheus and PS now launching soon enough, the hype will continue. This without me even mentioning the exclusive games Sony will have. New Gran Turismmo and Uncharted will get people wanting even more. (If it is even possible right now)

Oh and don't forget project beast too.

sales2099 said:
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

Well this might sound KARAZZZIE, but aside from Naughty Dog, which carries Sony 1st party IMO, I don't see their exclusives as worth owning that MS games or 3rd party games can't do.

I love Halo, which Sony can't replicate a better sci-fi FPS with a deep lore to explore. I have always viewed Forza as the better SIM, Fable 2 is one of my favourite WRPGS which Sony hasn't done and hope future Fables recapture that magic. I played Devil May Cry 4 instead of God of War. I played Gears of War instead of Uncharted. I don't have a gaming PC rig so any Xbox/PC titles are mine to enjoy, most recently Titanfall for 360.Not every gamer fits into your personal, balck and white viewpoint of whats better and what isn't. I hope you understand.

To anybody reading this and feel the urge to counter, this is just my preference and not a attack.

wow.

nitekrawler1285 said:
setsunatenshi said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
setsunatenshi said:

The hardware is absolutely amazing, how can you ever call it shitty? I could conceive someone saying they would like certain games to be released on it (some type of GTA, GoW, etc) or wanting lower prices for the memory cards. Personally the main thing that I wish would be to have the full JP library of games localized. I look at the top of the software list and see Sword Art Online while thinking... damn... only in JP so far!

Still, none of these things make the Vita shitty in itself. I have a ton more awesome games for it than my 3ds that everyone seems to find amazing (after their huge price cut)

What I'm getting at is I also have the opinion that Vita is shitty and that doesn't mean I've never owned a Playstation console before like you accused someone of earlier.   

I don't like Vita's original software library if you prefer words that arent shitty. For me a console is only as good as it's software library. If that library doesn't appeal to me then you can see my opinion of the console itself wont amount to much.  

so if the software library on the Vita doesn't appeal to you, why did you purchase it?

Tearaway, Dragon's Crown, Gravity Rush, UMvC3, Katamari, Super Monkey Ball, some indies like Guacamelee appealed to me. Small list I know but who cares if it's slim pickings when I can play my favorite PS1 and PSP classics.

Except I still can't even play Crash flipping Bandicoot on Vita. I don't think I'm being impatient.  We are at 2 years and 3 months in this region.  

Ah, so there is something afterall :)

And +1 for ps1 and psp classics, i've spent over 50h recently finishing front mission 3 and I'm trying to finally get to the end of Disgaea 3 as well. I have a feeling that with Playstation now being released in the summer we should get a nice big boost of crossgen/crossplatform games to play on the Vita. But still my main thing is that Sony and 3rd parties will understand that a couple of translators per project would go a long way to bring all the titles being released in Japan right into our hands by digital distribution. I NEED that SAO game ASAP.

XB1: US & UK
PS4: Rest of the World (EU, Japan etc.) and WW (all regions put together)
Obviously, massive releases (Uncharted 4, Halo 5 etc.) can change this temporally.