By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY results: 3.7m PS3+PS4, 0.7m PSV+PSP. $1.246bn loss FY. GAME $80m loss for year. Expects another $0.5bn loss to March 2015

regarding TV's,surley TV's are going to be doing everything in the lounge soon,my smart tv can do pretty much everything i want,this will be mainstream sooner rather than later,can't help thinking tv's will be the place to be again when every media goes through it via the internet ,maybe we are already there

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

$1.246bn loss FY. GAME $80m loss for year. Expects another $0.5bn loss to March 2015

Wait so they lost a billion for the year, the gaming division lost money, and they expect to lose $500 million next year (which may be downgraded as the year goes by).

Damn, was worse then I thought

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

lol does Sony do anything right when it comes to making money?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Awful just awful. Even the Game Division. Really would have thought PS+ subs would push it into the black.

Max King of the Wild said:
we know ps3 is at 80m in begining Nov. We know sony killed ps2 that FY. we know ps3 then must be at 83.1m + Nov. Dec. + 3.4m - ps2 + 11.5m - ps4

No. All we know is they passed 80m shipped in that Q, neither you or I know how many of those 3.5m they shipped in that Q either side of the announcement.

I don't know why I'm even arguing about the large PS2 shipment, I forgot that it was the previous Q1 not the one we're talking about now (duh) that confirms PS3 didn't ship most of that figure with the 80m figure coming after Xbox.

80m during Q4 with a TOP range of 83.5m and a bottom range of 80m. (83.5m being if they shipped their entire shipment last Q after that 80m announcement, 80m being if they shipped their entire 3.5m shipment before that announcement, neither is likely, it's somewhere in the middle)

+ 800k~ or less this Q.

The range is 80.8m - 84.3m, it can't be outside of that as PS3 passed 80m last Q.

After that it's down to opinion when/how they shipped those 3.5m PS3's during the Q. Their announcement was early November where they would be shipping a tonne of consoles either side of that week, in prep of Black Friday.

360 shipments are at 83.7m FYI.

I believe Sony shipped more than 600k during Oct 1st - Nov 1st.

Around the Network

How can Sony still exist? Can't remember the last time I read anything positive about Sony finances and the few time I've seen some cashflows it has been beacuse they have been forced to sell of buildings.

Sounds to me that a hostile takeover on Sony would be worth it by selling it off piece by piece( well atleast that what often happens in movies :) )

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

kowenicki said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:
DerNebel said:
I'll just ask in here. Is NPD today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow, it's always on Thursdays.

On topic: I am shocked that Sony as a whole posted such a big loss. They are in big trouble now. Perhaps they should sell off PlayStation to let it be in the hands of a company that can do its legacy justice.

Oh come on Rol :) I dont think theres anyone that can take better care of the PS brand than Sony themselves. But its quite obvious that Kaz isnt doing a great job, and ppl are complaining about Iwata.... pffft

The Peter Principle

hehe what?! :p

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Naum said:

How can Sony still exist? Can't remember the last time I read anything positive about Sony finances and the few time I've seen some cashflows it has been beacuse they have been forced to sell of buildings.

Sounds to me that a hostile takeover on Sony would be worth it by selling it off piece by piece( well atleast that what often happens in movies :) )

No it would not, be anywhere near worth it!

for one High Debt in place such as what Sony has is already a deterrent against a Hostile Take over.

Than japanese view such action's as "vulturing" they do not like it and past History shows you exactly why the poison Pill is in effect against such actions, the company trying to do such of a Hostile take over would be pouring good money down the Drain trying to do so, its better to wait it out for Sony to offer assets up for sale.

the problem is those waiting for the entertainment Arm going up for sale would in effect never see it, because since playstation is an LLC and since the stock is not offered for IPO and since recently 

"the Sony Board of Directors has unanimously concluded that continuing to own 100% of our entertainment business is the best path forward and is integral to Sony’s strategy. We do, however, expect to increase disclosure regarding Sony’s entertainment businesses. We agree this can help market participants analyze their performance and monitor their success."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sony-rejects-entertainment-spin-letter-599759

what would in effect be whats left of Sony , are one of the bright spots of the corp anyway that the Hostile Take over would in blut truth would in effect fail to attain such part of Sony because i doubt very much Sony would allow any Hostile Take over by the west to dictate to the vast majority of japanese employed workers where the pink slip's is going.

such hedge funds have found this out in the present and in the past

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/business/how-not-take-over-company-sony

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

kowenicki said:
DanneSandin said:

Its a well known term, Google it.  It shall become clear.

Google'd it and find that accurate.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

kowenicki said:
DanneSandin said:
kowenicki said:
DanneSandin said:

Oh come on Rol :) I dont think theres anyone that can take better care of the PS brand than Sony themselves. But its quite obvious that Kaz isnt doing a great job, and ppl are complaining about Iwata.... pffft

The Peter Principle

Its a well known term, Google it.  It shall become clear.

oh lol! thats rich! and seems pretty accurate

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.