By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY results: 3.7m PS3+PS4, 0.7m PSV+PSP. $1.246bn loss FY. GAME $80m loss for year. Expects another $0.5bn loss to March 2015

Max King of the Wild said:
DanneSandin said:
I have two major observations:
Game division will probably be profitable next FY
Sony Pictures might not do as well as it could have with Spiderman 2 not doing great (and will get stomped all over the place by Godzilla and X-Men will kill it right off).

lol its made 553m in box office...

yes, I was pretty unclear. it wont do as well as it could have because, its rushed, and because of that its not very good and because of that itll get stomped around by the competition. most of those 553m comes from theaters from over seas. its made 90m in the US, and will get destroyed by the new movies coming. its already been replaced by Neighbors at the top, Godzilla will further decrease its profits and after that Xmen will just finish the job.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I am genuinely sad at those Mobile results.

XPeria Z phones are among the best in the industry and deserve the success much more than Galaxy S series.

Certain posters really need to stop spreading fud which is based on their biased opinions & wishful thinking that the Xbox360 is definitely, or all most certainly ahead of the PS3. The truth is nobody knows for sure and the numbers are too close to call.

Also posters saying the 360 is currently outselling the PS3 are also factually incorrect. Apart from the fact that in the last 2 years when there's been actual quarterly shipment numbers to directly compare (on 3 occasions) the PS3 has always outsold the 360, there's also the fact that for countless years now whatever amount the 360 has outsold the PS3 in the USA, the PS3 makes up that difference in Japan and that's still true to this day. So that leaves Europe+the rest of the world where overall the Playstation has always dominated the 360, yet we're supposed to believe with zero evidence that now magically the 360 is outselling the PS3 in it's best region when it can barely manage to out sell it in the USA which is it's worst region? Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaah...........

And finally, it's a really sad state of affairs when certain posters are allowed to constantly go into threads and almost exclusively post biased naegative things about one console/company whilst sticking their fingers in their ears pretending that everything's great and playing down anything bad about another console/company at the same time. It ruins threads and is pure immature fanboyism, and if pointing that out about certain posters gets you banned then that is an equally sorry state of affairs.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:

Certain posters really need to stop spreading fud which is based on their biased opinions & wishful thinking that the Xbox360 is definitely, or all most certainly ahead of the PS3. The truth is nobody knows for sure and the numbers are too close to call.

Also posters saying the 360 is currently outselling the PS3 are also factually incorrect. Apart from the fact that in the last 2 years when there's been acutal quarterly shipment numbers to directly compare (on 3 occasions) the PS3 has always outsold the 360, there's also the fact that for countless years now whatever amount the 360 has outsold the PS3 in the USA, the PS3 makes up that difference in Japan and that's still true to this day. So that leaves Europe+the rest of the world where overall the Playstation has always dominated the 360, yet we're supposed to believe with zero evidence that now magically the 360 is outselling the PS3 in it's best region when it can barely manage to out sell it in the USA which is it's worst region? Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaah...........

And finally, it's a really sad state of affairs when certain posters are allowed to constantly go into threads and almost exclusively post biased naegative things about one console/company whilst sticking their fingers in their ears pretending that everything's great and playing down anything bad about another console/company at the same time. It ruins threads and is pure immature fanboyism, and if pointing that out about certain posters gets you banned then that is an equally sorry state of affairs.

Evidential based fud, brilliant.

And this is a very weak post. Name names, who are you calling immature fanboys? Who was wrongly banned by biased mods? 

Wow what a weak reply, you don't prove me wrong at all it's just more fud. What i've posted are stone cold facts, feel free to try and prove me wrong with actual facts instead of more biased opinions & wishful thinking that you try to pass off as facts. And no i NEVER said the mods are biased, that's a really sad attempt to try and get me into trouble.

Around the Network
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:

Also posters saying the 360 is currently outselling the PS3 are also factually incorrect. Apart from the fact that in the last 2 years when there's been acutal quarterly shipment numbers to directly compare (on 3 occasions) the PS3 has always outsold the 360, there's also the fact that for countless years now whatever amount the 360 has outsold the PS3 in the USA, the PS3 makes up that difference in Japan and that's still true to this day. So that leaves Europe+the rest of the world where overall the Playstation has always dominated the 360, yet we're supposed to believe with zero evidence that now magically the 360 is outselling the PS3 in it's best region when it can barely manage to out sell it in the USA which is it's worst region? Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaah...........

And this is a very weak post. Name names, who are you calling immature fanboys? Who was wrongly banned by biased mods? 

Wow what a weak reply, you don't prove me wrong at all it's just more fud. What i've posted are stone cold facts, feel free to try and prove me wrong with actual facts instead of more biased opinions & wishful thinking that you try to pass off as facts. And no i NEVER said the mods are biased, that's a really sad attempt to try and get me into trouble.

You realise of the last 4 Q's PS3 and 360 have shipped the same/on par

Q2 - 1m vs 1.1m
Q4 - 3.5m each
Q1 - 800k each.

It was only Q3 where PS3 shipped 800k more (which still doesn't seem to put them ahead becaused after that Sony announced 80m shipped weeks after Microsoft did. Since that announcement they've been shipping at the same rates ... and no word on Sony from PS3 overtaking 360 (which they would announce, don't kid yourself.)

Seece said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:

Q2 - 1m vs 1.1m
Q4 - 3.5m each
Q1 - 800k each.

It was only Q3 where PS3 shipped 800k more (which still doesn't seem to put them ahead becaused after that Sony announced 80m shipped weeks after Microsoft did. Since that announcement they've been shipping at the same rates ... and no word on Sony from PS3 overtaking 360 (which they would announce, don't kid yourself.)

Yeah the problem is you don't actually know what the PS3 numbers are and those are just your guesses. Not only that but who's to say one company has shipped more but sold less than the other. There's also been another 7 weeks worth of sales since the last quarter ended, again who's to say that hasn't changed who's ahead either way. Again i point you to the fact that for countless years now whatever amount the 360 has outsold the PS3 in the USA, the PS3 makes up that difference in Japan and that's still true to this day. So that leaves Europe+the rest of the world where overall the Playstation has always dominated the 360, yet we're supposed to believe with zero evidence that now magically the 360 is outselling the PS3 in it's best region when it can barely manage to out sell it in the USA which is it's worst region. And to be perfectly honest i don't think Sony will announce when they've overtaken Microsoft because it's only the battle for second place, they'll announce when they hit 90 or 100 million tho.

cookingyourmama said:
Seece said:
cookingyourmama said:

Q2 - 1m vs 1.1m
Q4 - 3.5m each
Q1 - 800k each.

Yeah the problem is you don't actually know what the PS3 numbers are and those are just your guesses. Not only that but who's to say one company has shipped more but sold less than the other. There's also been another 7 weeks worth of sales since the last quarter ended, again who's to say that hasn't changed who's ahead either way. Again i point you to the fact that for countless years now whatever amount the 360 has outsold the PS3 in the USA, the PS3 makes up that difference in Japan and that's still true to this day. So that leaves Europe+the rest of the world where overall the Playstation has always dominated the 360, yet we're supposed to believe with zero evidence that now magically the 360 is outselling the PS3 in it's best region when it can barely manage to out sell it in the USA which is it's worst region. And to be perfectly honest i don't think Sony will announce when they've overtaken Microsoft because it's only the battle for second place, they'll announce when they hit 90 or 100 million tho.

No but, we DO know those numbers, they're not guesses. Q1 last year there were no combined PS2 figures, the 1.1m was entirely PS3. Q4 we know because PS4 did 4.2m, leaving 3.5m for PS3. And last Q they shipped 3.6m? combined. Given PS4 hit 7m during that Q, a minimum is 2.8 for PS4, leaving 800k (or less) for PS3. This isn't guessing.

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:

I was, at least thrice. And certainly one certain brazilian poster was. By the same immature mod. I was called a liar twice by the same guy and got instantly banned when I corrected the guy. And cooking is absolutely right. This forum has gone rapidly downhill within the past few months thanks to an abundant appearance of immature posters and troll mods.

After my last completely unjustified ban (I actually got banned by also wanting to revoke a ban on you, kowen, by that very immature mod), I decided to no longer post here (probably the brazilian guy - yes he has pretty strong opinions about a certain console - won't reappear either)

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Lawlight said:
Kasz216 said:
kowenicki said:
kumagawa said:
If Sony's in such bad shape why has there cash position got better?

Cash and cash equivalents
December 31st 2013 - $8,088 billion
March 31st 2014 $10,160 billion

That's enough cash for 15 quarters of losses equal to this one.

Ahh, whats known here as the Nintendo defense.  Thats not how it works I'm afraid.

Eh, the big difference is that Nintendo has no real debt.

Nintendo also has nowhere to go from here unless they drastically start to invest in other industries.

Sony has nowhere to go from here, unless they drastically  stop investing and exit from other industries they are in, but then that leaves them in nintendos place, nowhere left to go....