By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY results: 3.7m PS3+PS4, 0.7m PSV+PSP. $1.246bn loss FY. GAME $80m loss for year. Expects another $0.5bn loss to March 2015

Lawlight said:
POE said:
Lawlight said:
Justagamer said:

Sony has nowhere to go from here, unless they drastically  stop investing and exit from other industries they are in, but then that leaves them in nintendos place, nowhere left to go....

The difference is that Sony has a lot of profitable divisions - including a home console division.

Bold: they post a loss in that division too.

$18M for the full year with the PS4 being out for less than 2 quarters and that includes the losses due to their handheld as well.

As i said, a loss.

Around the Network
POE said:
Lawlight said:
POE said:
Lawlight said:
Justagamer said:

Sony has nowhere to go from here, unless they drastically  stop investing and exit from other industries they are in, but then that leaves them in nintendos place, nowhere left to go....

The difference is that Sony has a lot of profitable divisions - including a home console division.

Bold: they post a loss in that division too.

$18M for the full year with the PS4 being out for less than 2 quarters and that includes the losses due to their handheld as well.

As i said, a loss.

As long as the PS4 is making a profit, that is fine.

Wii u sales are low and nintendo is not in trouble ps4 is selling and sony is still in BIG trouble reality is a bitch

kowenicki said:

They have 4 that made a profit and 4 that made a loss.  Divisions arent companies and overall the company made a loss, which is what actually matters.

Nopes - divisions can always be closed while the company itself carries on. Look at the Vaio laptops.

kowenicki said:
Lawlight said:
kowenicki said:

They have 4 that made a profit and 4 that made a loss.  Divisions arent companies and overall the company made a loss, which is what actually matters.

Nopes - divisions can always be closed while the company itself carries on. Look at the Vaio laptops.

What does that have to do woth what I said.  You said it "has a lot of profitable divisions".  It has an equal number of loss making divisions.  Indeed those loss maing divisions are the lion share, clearly, as the company has had losses 6 years out of the last 7.

Yes, a lot of profitable divisions. When did I say more profitable divisions? Also, some of the losses are very minor like the loss in the Games division which itself includes SCE, SOE and their network services.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Lawlight said:
kowenicki said:
Lawlight said:

What does that have to do woth what I said.  You said it "has a lot of profitable divisions".  It has an equal number of loss making divisions.  Indeed those loss maing divisions are the lion share, clearly, as the company has had losses 6 years out of the last 7.

Yes, a lot of profitable divisions. When did I say more profitable divisions? Also, some of the losses are very minor like the loss in the Games division which itself includes SCE, SOE and their network services.

The company AS A WHOLE has made combined losses for 6 of 7 years totalling about $10bn.  Not sure why you are nitpicking on words.

So?