By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Destiny, Watch dogs, FFXV and The Last guardian will flop. [UPDATE]

daredevil.shark said:

We will see. If they do implement kingdom hearts like battle system, good story and dont force annoying characters (Vanille comes to mind) then I will give it a shot. About turn based mechanisms, thats my opinion. I do respect your also (Ni no kuni was great). But Final fantasy XIII's auto mechanism taught us "most of the" JRPGs are still in 90s. Good to hear you like turn based games. But dont force your opinion over me.

That's pretty much what I'd expect, except your gonna have way more mobility and the battles are gonna be on a way bigger scale.  Ofc theres other small additions like you can play as your party members and those combo animations you and your party members do that we saw in the trailer. 

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
daredevil.shark said:

Western RPGs are to rule. Games like Final fantasy that are still stuck in 90s turn based era needs to go away. Industry needs to get rid of these garbage.

Bravely Default and Child of Light are so awesome and the RPGs of the future. The crappy real-time action "RPG" stuff has to go away!

These "old" mechanisms are not used for mainstream games. Love it or hate turn based games are now kinda niche market except pokemon. When we were kinds those turn based games made sense.

Mnementh said:
daredevil.shark said:

Western RPGs are to rule. Games like Final fantasy that are still stuck in 90s turn based era needs to go away. Industry needs to get rid of these garbage.

Bravely Default and Child of Light are so awesome and the RPGs of the future. The crappy real-time action "RPG" stuff has to go away!

You mean game mechanic like Skyrim?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Mnementh said:
daredevil.shark said:

So Nintendo shouldn't release X? :P  I love both and hope both have a healthy future.

Psh, go away. We need real RPGs, not this action-crap (I do love bothgameplay variants too, but don't say that anyone )

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

golfgt170 said:

Watch dogs total preorders as of 3rd May:

Ps4: 295k
Xone: 202k
X360: 128k
Ps3: 117k
= 742k
And that's only for US, so:

flop confirmed

Edit, forgot PC version: 55k

=797k

Still a flop imo

800k life time confirmed.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
golfgt170 said:

Watch dogs total preorders as of 3rd May:

Ps4: 295k
Xone: 202k
X360: 128k
Ps3: 117k
= 742k
And that's only for US, so:

flop confirmed

Edit, forgot PC version: 55k

=797k

Still a flop imo

800k at least opening life time confirmed.

Fixed that for you :)

daredevil.shark said:
Rafux said:
daredevil.shark said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
daredevil.shark said:

You do realise FFXV isn't turn based right...it has faster paced combat than most western RPGs you can name.

I hope its true. But given SE track record and recent patent makes me wonder, shall I get bluffed like so many times in past? Nope.

Here is the patent.

http://www.twinfinite.net/blog/2014/04/18/one-button-rule-square-enix-awarded-patent-single-button-system/

Wow is amazing how you people just spout whatever comes to your mind, FF15 has the Kingdom Hearts battle system and is made by the same guy Tetsuya Nomura. Turn Based isn't garbage by the way is just another form of gameplay the fact that you don't like doesn't mean is garbage.

We will see. If they do implement kingdom hearts like battle system, good story and dont force annoying characters (Vanille comes to mind) then I will give it a shot. About turn based mechanisms, thats my opinion. I do respect your also (Ni no kuni was great). But Final fantasy XIII's auto mechanism taught us "most of the" JRPGs are still in 90s. Good to hear you like turn based games. But dont force your opinion over me.

"We will see" What? Is all over the trailers, is Nomura, it was called FF Versus because it departed from classic FF formula. Maybe a little research before posting? I like all kinds of games and the ones I don't like for example Visual Novels I don't go around calling them garbage is just not my thing but other people enjoy them. You are the one forcing your opinion.

daredevil.shark said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

You do realise FFXV isn't turn based right...it has faster paced combat than most western RPGs you can name

I hope its true. But given SE track record and recent patent makes me wonder, shall I get bluffed like so many times in past? Nope.

daredevil.shark said:

We will see. If they do implement kingdom hearts like battle system

IF they do implement kingdom hearts like battle system ?  You  HOPE it's true that the game isn't turn based ?

You have not  seen the latest two trailers during  E3, have you?

VXIII said:

I've now seen that trailer 20 times...is anyone else kinda worried about the camera at 2:09?  He kinda glitches out and that car appearing seemed unatural...that's a terrible word to describe it but I can't think of anything better.  

KingdomHeartsFan said:
VXIII said:

I've now seen that trailer 20 times...is anyone else kinda worried about the camera at 2:09?  He kinda glitches out and that car appearing seemed unatural...that's a terrible word to describe it but I can't think of anything better.  

Did I quote you by mistake? It was meant for daredevil.

Yes, there is a clear issue in the camera movement, I have notice that in the reveal, the game is still in the development and far away from release. I don't think it would be an issue.