By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub’s upgrade program is anti-consumer and a slap in the face to PS4 fans #NoExcuse

Driveclub, What to do?

a) https://twitter.com/yosp; Ask Yoshida 49 56.98%

b) become hypocrite; Defe... 7 8.14%

c) do nothing, (followed ... 10 11.63%

d) be ignorant; get explo... 17 19.77%

Total:83
Xenostar said:
Dont know anyone thats not dissapointed by this, bad move, they should be honest with plans like this from the very begining, not make it sound like it will be great, when its worthless. Everyone will get retail now.

What is worthless?

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
I wonder if this is another wrinkle Sony will put into PS+ since its more of a required service now.

Microsoft made it work with Killer Instinct and no one is complaining. :)

I think people need to know what anti-consumer is...

S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
I wonder if this is another wrinkle Sony will put into PS+ since its more of a required service now.

I'm complaining.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:

I'm complaining too.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Porcupeth said:
it's just an option
buy the full game if you don't want the limitation
save 10 bucks if you don't mind the limitation

simple. No problem.

Buy all the character's if you don't want to only play Jago

save money if you don't mind only playing Jago

simple. No problem.

Nobody said KI was anti consumer... just a bullshit pricing stragety... same thing most everyone else said about this PARTICULAR option

Porcupeth said:
Xenostar said:
Dont know anyone thats not dissapointed by this, bad move, they should be honest with plans like this from the very begining, not make it sound like it will be great, when its worthless. Everyone will get retail now.

What is worthless?

the plus edition, its a pitiful discount for awful DRM, 

DerNebel said:
IsawYoshi said:
DerNebel said:

Don't buy the game that way, simple as that, there is literally nothing standing in your way of getting the game without this whole PS Plus deal.

If this upgrade thing isn't successful for Sony then they won't try it again.

Also giving people an option is not anti-consumer.

I would say it is anti-consumer. Many of the PS+subscribers, most probably, has no clue about this and will think "hey, a cheaper version of the game." It's trickery, and I'm not fond of it.

And for many of those PS+ subscribers it will nothing but that, they will play the game a couple weeks, then stop and never notice that they can't play it anymore when their PS+ runs out. Also I'm sure this piece of information will be on the PS store page of the PS+ upgrade, so people can just read up on it without extensive research before making the purchases

Most people pick their games up again from time to time. 

And you put too much faith in the consumers. They don't read.

Xenostar said:
Porcupeth said:
Xenostar said:

What is worthless?

the plus edition, its a pitiful discount for awful DRM, 

you mean the upgrade

the plus edition is what we always knew it would be, a smaller version of the game, playable while you have PS+, just like any other PS+ free game.

the upgrade is just something they introduced recently. and it's optional.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

So DRM is fine as long as you have the option.

Stopped after this first sentence.... That was EXACTLY the argument used against MS. The fact that it was REQUIRED online connection