By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Line up wii-u for the rest of 2014.... wow! Only 'great' games

pauluzzz1981 said:

Mario kart 8

Bayonetta 2

Hyrule warriors

X

SSB

Watch dogs

A nice list of the great games that are coming. Couldn't be happier when x really is coming in 2014.

Not to mention, that list doesn't include games planned for this year that will be announced at E3.  NFC games, and maybe Miyamoto's new IP

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network

So far, its shaping up to be the worst 3rd year a Nintendo home console ever had in terms of amount of games. Not speaking about quality, since its always good, but just 2 games for the first half and NOTHING else, is on the verge of declaring that the WiiU is a discontinued console.

Then after MK8 gets released, theres not a single game with a concrete release date, I dont think that has ever happened before. And the amount of announced games is so low and the certainty that they will come this year is so low again, that Im afraid to say it, but it looks like theres barely any resources being devoted to the WiiU at Nintendo.

A line up like this and zero talk about when to expect the few announced games, makes it feel that the console is a fiasco and makes people on the fence of buying the console, be less and less enthusiastic of ever getting one, if not even Nintendo can tell you what they have in store for the near future. Will not even speak about the total lack of 3rd party titles. Listing eshop indie games is unadmisable.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Never cared about Nintendo consoles or games, but I just cant ignore X, it got me hyped more than I could imagine. Time to break traditions I guess.

Mario Kart, Smash and Xenosky should be day 1. Also interested in Bayonetta, less so in Hyrule Warriors but lets wait and see. 

Seems like Zelda, Yarn Yoshi & Shin Megami x Fire Emblem are 2015. The NFC game most likely is 2015 but you never know. Animal Crossing could be announced for next year. 

Rest everything is speculation at this point.

If I get a Wii U before I get Watch Dogs and the Wii U version holds up, then I MIGHT just get it for the U instead of PS4...

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros and X is a must buy. Watch Dogs and Hyrule Warriors I'm waiting to decide.

trestres said:
So far, its shaping up to be the worst 3rd year a Nintendo home console ever had in terms of amount of games. 

The Wii U has been out for 18 months. Two years is 24 months. I think it's more accurate to say the Wii U is halfway through its second year. 

sc94597 said:
trestres said:
So far, its shaping up to be the worst 3rd year a Nintendo home console ever had in terms of amount of games. 

The Wii U has been out for 18 months. Two years is 24 months. I think it's more accurate to say the Wii U is halfway through its second year. 

Calendar year, or at least that's the way Nintendo counted the games released per year, so I'm basing myself off Nintendo's data.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Fingers crossed that X doesnt get pushed into 2015.

Even Project Cars. B)