By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Line up wii-u for the rest of 2014.... wow! Only 'great' games

Samus Aran said:
Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:

Could you all please wait till after E3 before making comments?

As if the PS4 and XBONE's line up is so great right now...

Just like last year?

You didn't enjoy Super Mario 3D World and A link between Worlds? I sure did. 

Yes, and? Both were announced before E3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:
Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:

Could you all please wait till after E3 before making comments?

As if the PS4 and XBONE's line up is so great right now...

Just like last year?

You didn't enjoy Super Mario 3D World and A link between Worlds? I sure did. 

Yes, and? Both were announced before E3.

With no footage to speak of. 

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire are announced before E3, but that doesn't matter because we'll see footage of it at E3. 

Besides, this time Nintendo is obviously holding everything back till E3. We had no E3 that revealed many games like in January last year. 

Samus Aran said:

With no footage to speak of. 

ALBW was. Or you don't remember the lame trailer?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:
If that's really all that's left for 2014 then that's just sad, not in quality necessarily but in quantity.

If you need more than 8 console games a year then you are very sad.

I finish an average of about 2 games a month; 24 games a year.  If a console only gets 8 games I want to play a year, there's no chance of me buying it until the generation is over and it finally has a decent-sized library.

They need new franchises. Either buy Capcom or Sega, or make their own. And one new Miyamoto IP every 3rd year isn't going to cut it anymore.

Around the Network
st0pnsw0p said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:
If that's really all that's left for 2014 then that's just sad, not in quality necessarily but in quantity.

If you need more than 8 console games a year then you are very sad.

I finish an average of about 2 games a month; 24 games a year.  If a console only gets 8 games I want to play a year, there's no chance of me buying it until the generation is over and it finally has a decent-sized library.

Good luck buying 24 games this year for XBONE or PS4 then.

You're in the vast minority if you buy 24 games each year (not on this site, but in general). I myself only play quality games, and there's no way in hell that there's 24 quality games released each year. Not ones I like anyway. 

Besides, I could play Mario Kart 8 for years without wanting a new game (doesn't mean I won't buy new games however). I'm really glad I don't need to buy 2 games per month lol.

DerNebel said:

Like I said, the problem with the amount of upcoming Wii U games isn't necessarily that people want to play more games in a given year, but it's that they want to have a bigger choice in what they play. For someone that doesn't have a particular interest in Nintendo titles, there really isn't much reason to get a Wii U because it gets hardly anything outside of Nintendo titles.

This is a fair point, but those that really want to expand their total number of choices would be multiconsole owners, don't you think? It strikes me that a Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo only player isn't really interested in diversity per se; he/she is interested in the console manufacturer's brand of diversity.

Dunban67 said:
fedfed said:
well if COD next is on XB1 it should be on WiiU too then... no console will have a big user base by Xmas.
ps4 should be around 10 mil by next COD, Wii U and XB1 should be around 7.5/8... but XB1 will not have a great gap on WiiU

If COD is on XB1 then why does that mean it shold be o the Wii U as well?

They will base their decision on projected sales of COD on both console-  Wii U sales of COD are very weak and no matter the difference in userbase by the holidays, the XB1 will sell far more COD software than Wii u

Fair enough... you are right!

Switch!!!

Take off Smash Brothers. It's a 2015 release, remember?

Samus Aran said:

Why is everyone so gloomy here?

That's a fine list of games. Can you get better exclusives on the other consoles? Doubt it. I have a decent laptop if I want to play third party games, but that's a big if after the mess of Rome Total War II. I'll probably get the South Park game when it drops in price though.

Plus hopefully E3 announces some games that are coming this year.

And if you have a 3DS and Wii U, you really have no reason at all to complain about the upcoming games for this year.

These are good games but only for the Nintendo user and its not for the new users because they need more new IP's and third party games instead of wating every 2/3 months to play exclusives. Microsoft and Sony also have some exclusives but they are new and not very popular IP's like Mario which nintendo has. So, non-nintendo users will wait for the console price to go down (or) more exclusives to get releaesd to buy the system.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.