By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Line up wii-u for the rest of 2014.... wow! Only 'great' games

Not exciting for me unless they add Zelda U to the line-up  

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DerNebel said:

Someone that is interested in total freedom of choice and is in the right financial situation will of course get all consoles, but most people don't have that freedom. So people try to satisfy their goal of getting the most diverse library/the biggest library as best as they can with the financial measures they have and that for a lot of people means getting only one system. Now someone that isn't into MS or Sony exclusives could still find alot of reasons to get an X1 or PS4 since they both get pretty much every third party game, which offers a ton of diversity, on the Wii U on the other hand that really isn't the case.

I guess I just don't find that line of reasoning convincing. If you're a fan of Halo, for example, Halo 5 might be worth a dozen Uncharteds. Or, if you're a God of War buff, you might be willing to trade all of Nintendo's first party content for a GOW sequel. I'm just not buying the line that people are buying X or Y console because the library is so big and diverse. According to this site, the highest tie-ratio of all time is 11 games. Most people buy a console because of a few games that look good to them, end up buying 8 or 10 games, and move on with their lives.

Bolded: That is absolutely correct, but you have to realize that not all owners of a console are like that, contrary to what forums may suggest most people actually don't own a certain console because they're crazy about its first party offering. Or that is at least the case with the Xbox and PS, most people buy those for multiplats, Nintendo consoles sell mostly on first party stuff and how wrong that can go is well illustrated by the Wii U.

To rephrase my point, since I maybe didn't word it very well: Since the libraries of the X1 and PS4 are going to be much much bigger and more diverse than the Wii Us, a much larger number of people will find the 8-10 games they personally want in the generation on those systems as well and will thus decide to get one of those consoles. Hope that makes more sense.

X and Smash are not coming in 2014.

stlwtng4Dmdrxip said:
X and Smash are not coming in 2014.

Are you saying they're gonna be delayed then, cause they are both slated to release this year as they have been since their unveiling.

DerNebel said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I guess I just don't find that line of reasoning convincing. If you're a fan of Halo, for example, Halo 5 might be worth a dozen Uncharteds. Or, if you're a God of War buff, you might be willing to trade all of Nintendo's first party content for a GOW sequel. I'm just not buying the line that people are buying X or Y console because the library is so big and diverse. According to this site, the highest tie-ratio of all time is 11 games. Most people buy a console because of a few games that look good to them, end up buying 8 or 10 games, and move on with their lives.

Bolded: That is absolutely correct, but you have to realize that not all owners of a console are like that, contrary to what forums may suggest most people actually don't own a certain console because they're crazy about its first party offering. Or that is at least the case with the Xbox and PS, most people buy those for multiplats, Nintendo consoles sell mostly on first party stuff and how wrong that can go is well illustrated by the Wii U.

To rephrase my point, since I maybe didn't word it very well: Since the libraries of the X1 and PS4 are going to be much much bigger and more diverse than the Wii Us, a much larger number of people will find the 8-10 games they personally want in the generation on those systems as well and will thus decide to get one of those consoles. Hope that makes more sense.

Ah, I see. Yes that makes more sense, thank you :)