By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Line up wii-u for the rest of 2014.... wow! Only 'great' games

Could you all please wait till after E3 before making comments?

As if the PS4 and XBONE's line up is so great right now...

Around the Network

Oh, I forgot S.T.E.A.M..

justinian said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:
If that's really all that's left for 2014 then that's just sad, not in quality necessarily but in quantity.

If you need more than 8 console games a year then you are very sad.

What is pretty sad is you thinking that. Not everyone is a blind consumer that snap up every game Nintendo puts out on the Wii U. People want options, they want choices. Having to choose between eight games in a year is beyond sad when a console is deep into its second year. Looking at DK:TF sales Wii U owners now are left with seven.

The sales don't lie and to me it is looking more and more like the general consumer have largely lost interest in Nintendo home console games, no matter how great they are. 

You are very lucky to be totally orgasmic over having eight games (or whatever) in 2014. For many Wii U owners that don't care for DK, Bayonetta or Hyrule it is indeed sad. 

At least I have Project Cars and Watchdogs.. and X but I rather have a choice of much more than eight. 

Eight games in one year is NOT a great marketing tool if you want to sell consoles.

But to most people 8 or so games is what entirely makes up their decision to buy a console or not.

There's problems in Nintendo's perception that need to be overcome.

People really want the Wii U. They want 'adult' titles like X and Bayonetta 2, but they know nothing about them. They want a new Mario, but they're stuck on this false belief that Mario is only for 8-year olds. However they don't know about Super Mario 3D World and how good it really is. They know nothing of the other games that make solid appearances on the system.

Instead, people know nothing about the Wii U. And what little they do know is from clickbait, trolling articles and web posts that do nothing but decimate the console with gloomy sales figures, lies, and half-truths.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Samus Aran said:

Just like last year?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Excited for Bayo2 and X. Then looking forward to a new Mario Party hopefully.

Around the Network

getting MK8, bayonetta2 and X.
Hopefully X will release in this year......

DerNebel said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:
If that's really all that's left for 2014 then that's just sad, not in quality necessarily but in quantity.

If you need more than 8 console games a year then you are very sad.

How about, if I want to have a choice between more then 8 console games a year? Also, seriously? Calling someone sad for the amount of games he plays in a given year? On a gaming website? I hope you see the irony in this.

There are more than 8 games anyway. More like 15 (now 15 at 10 years = 150 Wii U games. That would be a magnificent library.) And 50%  of my time is spent on PC games like Europa Univesalis and Civ. Lets look at the hours we can spend on games between work and life, then try to logically justify bashing the Wii U.

I will buy Bayonetta 2, Abe New N Tasty, Mario Kart 8, DKTF, X, Smash bros, Project CARS, Watchdogs and I am even choosing not to buy some of the others. I guess thats just me though, and yes, I shouldn't have snapped at you. Sorry.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:

How about, if I want to have a choice between more then 8 console games a year? Also, seriously? Calling someone sad for the amount of games he plays in a given year? On a gaming website? I hope you see the irony in this.

There are more than 8 games anyway. More like 15 (now 15 at 10 years = 150 Wii U games. That would be a magnificent library.) And 50%  of my time is spent on PC games like Europa Univesalis and Civ. Lets look at the hours we can spend on games between work and life, then try to logically justify bashing the Wii U.

I will buy Bayonetta 2, Abe New N Tasty, Mario Kart 8, DKTF, X, Smash bros, Project CARS, Watchdogs and I am even choosing not to buy some of the others. I guess thats just me though, and yes, I shouldn't have snapped at you. Sorry.

Like I said, the problem with the amount of upcoming Wii U games isn't necessarily that people want to play more games in a given year, but it's that they want to have a bigger choice in what they play. For someone that doesn't have a particular interest in Nintendo titles, there really isn't much reason to get a Wii U because it gets hardly anything outside of Nintendo titles.

If you guys want to know what's in store for this year here is a thread - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176802&page=1#
It's looking better than last year, at least to me.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Pavolink said:
Samus Aran said:

Just like last year?

You didn't enjoy Super Mario 3D World and A link between Worlds? I sure did. 

And just because something happened last year doesn't mean the same thing will happen again. Flawed logic.