By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I just watched the first Thor movie for the first time and is it pretty dumb?

Why did you decide to make a post about something dumb? You see something dumb, you move on...why draw attention to it...

Around the Network

Both Thor movies never interested me.

JAK N BLAK From The Youtubez!
►Watch Dogs Multiplayer Gameplay! WatchDogs Online: Multiplayer Gameplay 'Online Hacking' Gamemode FULLY EXPLAINED! (WatchDogs Online Multiplayer Gameplay)◄

LINK TO VID - WATCH HERE - http://youtu.be/4Hr9sJf7N7I

Meh, it was ok. But! it does have the single worst scene in any of the Marvel movies though.

http://youtu.be/goVJkD5PZts?t=50s

between 00:54 and 00:58.   cannot stand that part.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Watch this, its pretty funny! But it does contain spoilers!!!

Thor wasn't a particularly good movie, but most of the stuff he complains about in the first two minutes at least...aren't the problems with the movie. Most of them just sound like him trying to be funny rather than identifying the things that are wrong with the flick, to be honest.

noname2200 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Watch this, its pretty funny! But it does contain spoilers!!!

Thor wasn't a particularly good movie, but most of the stuff he complains about in the first two minutes at least...aren't the problems with the movie. Most of them just sound like him trying to be funny rather than identifying the things that are wrong with the flick, to be honest.

Well, it is youtube loll, his main priority is to get views rather than be 100% on topic! He does bring out some nice points but I do see what you mean!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

Sure Its marvel , its comic and all and I shouldn't take it so seriously, but it just felt like its a promotion or a long trailer for the avengers? 

The characters are really dumb and the setting is dumb, the history is dumb and the plot is pretty dumb.

aside from all that, the CGI is pretty bad, as if someone on youtube made it.

What does everyone think of it? , I thought people loved it, or was the second one better?

Another thing, why did they choose the "Gold" filter for Asgard scenes?  is this in the comics? the Norse mythology is so colorful why make it so bland?

sequel is even worse.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I enjoyed the two Thor movies a lot more than anything else from the whole Avengers Assemble Phase 1 thing.

Captain America was woefully paced and incredibly boring. I actually struggled to make it through that one.

Iron Man 1 & 2 are probably objectively pretty good films, but RDJ is one of my least favourite actors of all time which made that one more difficult than it needed to be.

Thor, by comparison, was a lot of fun. Struck a good balance between light hearted and serious. Actors generally turned in pretty good performances (except for Natalie Portman who was just dreadful) and the film itself was pretty entertaining. Interesting fight scenes. Asgard was a cool setting (although not in enough of the film, admittedly). And I really enjoyed all the Norse mythology stuff that was thrown in, even if it was stretching the material a bit.

I enjoyed Thor 2 even more. That's been my favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe film so far. Though that may have had something to do with Christopher Eccleston being in it.

Thor is a poor movie, unfortunately. Only Iron Man 2 is worse among the Avengers movies, in my opinion.

The main problem is that Thor can't really carry a movie on his own. He's much better as a supporting character, as in The Avengers (it didn't hurt that Whedon was writing his lines). 

Loki is far more interesting, layered, and conflicted. Only when he's released from prison does the sequel, Thor 2, become compelling.

disolitude said:
Why did you decide to make a post about something dumb? You see something dumb, you move on...why draw attention to it...

That's how the Internet works!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Its a super hero movie. The premise in itself is dumb.

I dont see what is so unexpected about it.