By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I just watched the first Thor movie for the first time and is it pretty dumb?

Sure Its marvel , its comic and all and I shouldn't take it so seriously, but it just felt like its a promotion or a long trailer for the avengers? 

The characters are really dumb and the setting is dumb, the history is dumb and the plot is pretty dumb.

aside from all that, the CGI is pretty bad, as if someone on youtube made it.

What does everyone think of it? , I thought people loved it, or was the second one better?

Another thing, why did they choose the "Gold" filter for Asgard scenes?  is this in the comics? the Norse mythology is so colorful why make it so bland?

Around the Network

I liked the first better than the second. Its probably because I cant remember much of the first and I thought the second one was a cash in.

btw a few examples of what you thought was dumb would be nice.

Its Marvell, most of their movies are pretty dumb if you think about it... Its just mindless B movie stories/characters/etc.. But their second ones are usually better

Watch this, its pretty funny! But it does contain spoilers!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

fps_d0minat0r said:

I liked the first better than the second. Its probably because I cant remember much of the first and I thought the second one was a cash in.

btw a few examples of what you thought was dumb would be nice.

too many to be honest to list, almost every scene.

not saying its a bad movie, its just way dumber than the other marvel movies and those are pretty dumb , but those are made "for the whole family" kind of dumb, this one is just dumb.

I don't really understand what you mean by "dumb"...I would also like a few examples.

However, I didn't think the movie was all that great. It was okay but that is about it....

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Its Marvell, most of their movies are pretty dumb if you think about it... Its just mindless B movie stories/characters/etc.. But their second ones are usually better

Watch this, its pretty funny! But it does contain spoilers!!!

I like the Xmen movies, are they considered Marvel Movies or FOX movies? I liked that was set in the past, I think its First Class

Yeah that video explained some of the stuff, you can even see the crappy CGI scenes I mentioned there.

sundin13 said:
I don't really understand what you mean by "dumb"...I would also like a few examples.

However, I didn't think the movie was all that great. It was okay but that is about it....

as if barely any effort put into those aspects. 

every scene felt like a skit or something that is made by a group of college guys to be shared on youtube or something.

Yea it was pretty bad. The second one i felt was slightly better. Thor is just not an interesting character. Loki sure helps makes things interesting.

It wasn't very good imo.

It'd dumb, but there's nothing really terrible about it. The performances were generally decent, the fights looked cool (imo), and they didn't slaughter the source material. It was about as good as the average summer blockbuster.