By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boom Blox features head tracking!

Okay, i won't personally be getting this game.. but i hope this puts rest to the argument "which console will do head tracking first" because it is the wii.. although i won't be getting this game, it goes to show the wii is capable of head tracking, and as such .. awesome

Boom Blox features head tracking! *UPDATE*

February 21st, 2008

Nicky Hill brings us this information from the Boom Blox session.

Coming straight from the EA session about the development process behind Boom Blox, we thought it would be nice to inform everyone that there was a special “GDC Easter Egg” presented at the end of the session. It seems as though Head Tracking has been worked into the production of Boom Blox. Some things are unclear as to whether or not you can move around through previously recorded levels that you played through, or if they are custom built levels. The important thing is that it IS worked into the game and is available. Things needed by the player would be either LED glasses, or a wireless sensor bar, but by using just that and the controllers the same headtracking effect that we have seen in various online videos will be possible on the Wii.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=36198

The first video within the link shows the headtracking, someone embed if they can

Around the Network

I just read this. I had considered getting this game, this really sweetens the deal. I'll definately be looking at this closer to release.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

hmm, kind of funny, TH*Q and EA seem to be the source of some of the most intriguing games on the wii, seriously this, deblob and deadly creatures are among the wii games I'm most looking forward to.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just became a mudt buy game.

I think with this news Nintendo might be the winner of GDC unless MS or Sony pulls a rabbit out of their hat which would be very cool if they did.

New gaming technology is always welcome no mutter who comes with it.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Wow, they're doing a great job taking what seems like a simple game idea and making it pretty badass!

Around the Network

Interesting. I wasn't really considering this game much (unless it had really high reviews), but unless some else announces head tracking prior to it's release (and assuming it's in final release) it's a probable now...

upon further thought, I will totally buy this. It's been a while since I had a fleshed out quirky game like this. It should be refreshing, and the headtracking will be awesome.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

well, i have no idea what the game incorporated from just the video.

however, at least this game is on my watch list. tech demos are always fun to have a copy of.

the Wii is an epidemic.

This is just the beginning... if someone(Free Radical) can get this implemented into an FPS game.... The 360 might have to say goodbye to the FPS crown.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Soriku said:
What is head tracking?

it is kind of like making your tv into a window.. if you get closer, screen gets closer and can see more, if you walk a bit to the right, you can see more on the left, etc.. don't you remember the johnny lee video?