By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boom Blox features head tracking!

Now, that was totally ABSOLUTELY unexpected... especially from Electronic Arts...

This creates a conflict in my heart, because this is starting to look interesting, but it's from EA and I don't like EA x_x

Around the Network

[insert-cat-picture-here]
ME WANT THIS NOW!!!
[/insert-cat-picture-here]

xD

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Can't wait to see this in action with the game. I usually break down and buy one EA game per year and this might be it for 2008.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

I cant wait for this game! Yaaahoooo!!! *Head explodes*

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Keep your head together Weezy, but I do share your excitement!

Should be a great game.

Around the Network

Bod said:

"More than anything else, this is the first time where I've really felt that a third party is really, finally experimenting with the Wii in an interesting way. "

Is this a joke? Zack and Wiki did that, PES 08 did that, there are 2-3 other too...

OT: Great news! Wiiware seems to be going great. How much do Nintendo take of the total sales in money? I mean how many % of income do they have to pay Nintendo on Wii Ware?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

This is good news. Means Nintendo approved the technology. Remember Lee's podcast appearance a few weeks back when he said that's all they were waiting on? Well, looks like it happened sooner rather than later.

FYI

You need either: 2 Wii remotes, a Wireless sensor bar, or a 2 point IR source(any).

You can actually buy 2 IR lights, and attach them to a pair of saftey goggles if you were smart.

This is confirmed on IGN, btw.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Rab said:
bigjon said:
jlauro said:
TWRoO said:
bigjon said:
This is just the beginning... if someone(Free Radical) can get this implemented into an FPS game.... The 360 might have to say goodbye to the FPS crown.

I really don't think it would work for an FPS... and I'm not sure why people think it would... if you were really there shooting stuff you wouldn't be doing so through a window a metre in front of you.. it would be very disorienting. wheras other genre can benefit massively, Endless Ocean for instance could have you moving around to look at the fish, 3D puzzlers (like this i think) would work really well.

Yeah, that would be silly. When I shoot I like to stand out in the wide open with my head up. Having cover like a window just gets in the way of a FPS. Turning or tilting my head to get a better angle at a target wouldn't help my game at all.

Seriously, do you have any idea how wicked awsome it would be to have the camera controlled by your head movements! Then you would use the WiiMote to aim... I can just picture coming of to a corner, or a door and peeking in just by look into it... It this implemented in a responsible manner(not EA please) it would have a shot a being an UBER system selling shooter... this would work especially well for Tom Clancy type games(slower paced)

I agree bigjon this would be awsome in a FPS, not so much for the control which if done right could be sweet, but for the realism

Have you notice yourself and others at times straining your head to look over a hill, or around a wall in a game, well now you really can, it's intuitive and natural much like the Wiimote itself

This is the start, more game Devs should develop this concept and Nintendo should develop/make the IR head set for general sale and push this baby in 2009 as the next big thing in gaming

Hmm ok, it would be neat to have it implemented but I don't think it would be useful to the gameplay at all... if you had to get up off the seat and walk to the right to turn your head left it would piss me off.

If for instance you have normal Wii FPS controls (though if we take out the boundry box thing needed to turn, and instead have the control stick turn with the nunchuck tilt doing the strafing)
Then add the head tracking  as if its a graphical feature, then yes that would be incredible, particularly if they had  a bullet time effect... being able to lean to avoid bullets like in The Matrix  *drool*

I think I was assuming they would be using it as a gameplay addition, which with the exception of the bullet dodging I just mentioned would be very odd. 

It's a great time to be a gamer, the next 5 years is going to see a masvie change in how games are played I believe the Wii is just the start.

I have no idea about this game but if launches before the next game to mention head tracking I will be taking a real close look. Another massive talking point for the Wii.

wow, this is soo awesome. now the big question....is nintendo putting out an official peripheral to go with this game (and future head tracking games)? i don't want to have to duck tape a sensor bar to a hat to play this. not that the LED goggles are really much cooler looking but it is somewhat better.