By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boom Blox features head tracking!

Soriku said:
What is head tracking?

Where have you been? Johnny Lee, with the targets that look 3D.... type Wii head tracking into youtube.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
This is just the beginning... if someone(Free Radical) can get this implemented into an FPS game.... The 360 might have to say goodbye to the FPS crown.

I really don't think it would work for an FPS... and I'm not sure why people think it would... if you were really there shooting stuff you wouldn't be doing so through a window a metre in front of you.. it would be very disorienting. wheras other genre can benefit massively, Endless Ocean for instance could have you moving around to look at the fish, 3D puzzlers (like this i think) would work really well.

Doh.

That'll teach Johnny Lee to give his ideas away for free...

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Funny that this is the first game to feature it. Now I have to buy, if for no other reason than to show it off to my Sony loving brother. "Can your PS3 do this??!"

Exciting that developers are playing with it. If someone comes out with a FPS with headtracking and Wii controls, it will be HUGE (assuming the game is great). I'd buy it and I haven't bought a FPS since UT2004.

TWRoO said:
bigjon said:
This is just the beginning... if someone(Free Radical) can get this implemented into an FPS game.... The 360 might have to say goodbye to the FPS crown.

I really don't think it would work for an FPS... and I'm not sure why people think it would... if you were really there shooting stuff you wouldn't be doing so through a window a metre in front of you.. it would be very disorienting. wheras other genre can benefit massively, Endless Ocean for instance could have you moving around to look at the fish, 3D puzzlers (like this i think) would work really well.

Yeah, that would be silly. When I shoot I like to stand out in the wide open with my head up. Having cover like a window just gets in the way of a FPS. Turning or tilting my head to get a better angle at a target wouldn't help my game at all.

</sarcasm>

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Soriku said:
What is head tracking?

Where have you been? Johnny Lee, with the targets that look 3D.... type Wii head tracking into youtube.

Soriku seems like a smart kid.  And he is on here 24-7....yet he misses things like this all the time.  He must notgo to joystiq or kotaku.

Soriku said:
What is head tracking?

Watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Wow you serious. That is awesome. But still after reading the article not to sure how it works in the game and what ya need to be able to do it. But I'm sure EA will capitalize on this and explain more later.

From what little they show in the video, it makes me think you can freeze the explosion in progress and move around a 3d view. It isn't clear if you can do it with the simulation live.

Soriku said:
TWRoO said:
Soriku said:
What is head tracking?

Oh. I didn't know what it wa called X_X

@super

Nope, I get my info from GoNintendo and some other sites sometimes...not JoyStiq or Kotaku

add em to your book mark....you don't have to be part of the community (I'm not...but several vgcharterz are)...the info/news is what those sites are about.  Let me put it to you this way....If Kingdom Hearts III is announced for any platform....you will probably see it at those sites faster than most.