By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will NOT be showcasing new hardware at E3, company confirms

What happened to "We don't comment on rumors and speculation"

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

If they didnt then those 2 people sitting on the fence about WiiU may have waited till E3 to decide. Now that they know there is no Wii U Mii coming out they can happily buy the Wii U

sundin13 said:

In this case, not commenting on it would be bad.

It would cause false hype, and when no hardware is shown there will be disappointment.

I can imagine the blacklash now:

"No new hardware at E3, NINTENDO GOING THIRD PARTY?"

Also if there was to be rumored new hardware, it could effect sales (however small since this is so close to E3 anyhow).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Ok...? :P

No 4DS? OK.......

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

But I kinda wanted to see a new piece of hardware.. And now I feel disappointed before E3 already :( I know it was a rumor, but I still wanted to see it.

Good, Now all we can focus is on games which the wiiU badly needs

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Thursday. There is no plans for a new DS model right now
Friday: We are pleased to introduce the new DS Lite

kupomogli said:

There's no reason to believe Nintendo when they say they're not going to announce new hardware. Why?

June 12, 2012, they state that they're working on the next portable, not an and that there won't be an XL. Literally nine days later they announce the 3DS XL.

Pfffft. Nine whole days? Practically an eternity. Now denying the DSLite's existence a few hours prior to its unveiling? That was fun!

noname2200 said:

Pfffft. Nine whole days? Practically an eternity. Now denying the DSLite's existence a few hours prior to its unveiling? That was fun!

Nine days is enough time for someone to purchase a 3DS before coming out with the news that there's a better iteration.  After hearing this news, two or three days later I purchased a 3DS.  Then the XL was announced.  That's why I said it was a true story.