By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Probably Starting Work on Just Another AAA Xbox One Halo Game

DerNebel said:
celador said:
walsufnir said:

So you think they will drop other games and new IPs for Halo? This isn't meant serious, right?

I think making Halo an annual franchise shows a lack of confidence in making new IPs frankly.  New IPs are always Microsoft's last resort, they would much rather release Forza, Gears and Halo in endless cycles and pay other people to make their games

Halo is an annual franchise... you just don't get a mainline Halo every year and I don't think these career ads mean that they want to change that...

I think it's pretty weak to call it annual based on a mobile game.

Fact is mainline Halo's get 3 years in the oven and the only substantial side games we've actually had are Halo Anniversary, ODST and Wars.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
celador said:
walsufnir said:

Yeah, because nothing changes over time, everything will be like it was... Really, we don't know what MS is up to but saying stuff like you do is just too short-sighed, in my opinion. There will be new IPs for sure, no matter what your opinion about MS was, is and will be. If it turns out you are right, ok, but your view is clearly the general census of all the prejudices MS has in gaming. Not that it isn't justified but this doesn't mean anything for the future.

Disagree. It was barely a month ago that a new IP at Black Tusk was cancelled and they started working on another Gears of War.  MS haven't changed.

We will see how it will turn out. Basing on just one example? New IP doesn't mean good IP - see here: http://www.destructoid.com/cancelled-project-at-sony-santa-monica-was-new-open-world-sci-fi-ip-271324.phtml

Of course it doesn't, who said it did?  You're example is a weak attempt at criticising Sony, who actually make new IPs on a regualr basis.  I would try to find a similar story about a new MS IP, but frankly I don't have all day to waste

celador said:
walsufnir said:

We will see how it will turn out. Basing on just one example? New IP doesn't mean good IP - see here: http://www.destructoid.com/cancelled-project-at-sony-santa-monica-was-new-open-world-sci-fi-ip-271324.phtml

Of course it doesn't, who said it did?  You're example is a weak attempt at criticising Sony, who actually make new IPs on a regualr basis.  I would try to find a similar story about a new MS IP, but frankly I don't have all day to waste

Yeah, I think by now we all get what your opinion is and that it won't change in any way, no matter what happens.

walsufnir said:
celador said:
walsufnir said:

Yeah, I think by now we all get what your opinion is and that it won't change in any way, no matter what happens.

Why would it change over the course of a ten minute conversation with you?  If MS announce a load of exclusives actually made by them and a few are new IPs at E3 I would start to change my view and would be happy to do so.

Seece said:
DerNebel said:

Halo is an annual franchise... you just don't get a mainline Halo every year and I don't think these career ads mean that they want to change that...

I think it's pretty weak to call it annual based on a mobile game.

Fact is mainline Halo's get 3 years in the oven and the only substantial side games we've actually had are Halo Anniversary, ODST and Wars.

Well the thing is even if we discount that, then they still released a Halo game every year from 2009-2012 and this year they're probably releasing Halo 2 Anniversary and next year Halo 5. Like I said, it's not mainline games every year and I don't think they want to change that, but the probability of getting a console Halo any given year is very high.

Around the Network

I've been told MS has been milking the Halo series for years. Yet I don't feel I'm getting enough Halo.

I'd love to see a major release every year, I just don't think it'll happen at this rate.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

celador said:

You're example is a weak attempt at criticising Sony, who actually make new IPs on a regualr basis.  I would try to find a similar story about a new MS IP, but frankly I don't have all day to waste

If that takes you all day, well you aren't very good at the internet.

If you don't care about those IPs, well that's another story.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Would be nice to see MS Studios focus on something else besides what they focused on last generation (Gears, Forza, Fable, Halo), but I guess if that's what the fans want then great. I hope it makes the XBox One fans happy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Would be nice to see MS Studios focus on something else besides what they focused on last generation (Gears, Forza, Fable, Halo), but I guess if that's what the fans want then great. I hope it makes the XBox One fans happy.

It might surprise you to hear this... but I played some MS games on the X1 that aren't Gears, Forza, Fable, or Halo.

Furthermore, MS has announced some games that aren't Gears, Forza, Fable, or Halo.

You should... I dunno... do a little research.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Euphoria14 said:

It might surprise you to hear this... but I played some MS games on the X1 that aren't Gears, Forza, Fable, or Halo.

Furthermore, MS has announced some games that aren't Gears, Forza, Fable, or Halo.

You should... I dunno... do a little research.

You should... I dunno... realize that I never said they don't make anything else? I only said that these are where they put their focus.

Unless you really want to tell me their focus is Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports, XBox Fitness and Loco Cycle.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!