By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Probably Starting Work on Just Another AAA Xbox One Halo Game

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft is going to Ubisoft halo into the ground. So desperate. Be creative, bro. LOL

More like Ubisofting Halo....all the way to the bank! ;)

As a lore fan myself, Halo fans honestly can't get enough. I ain't gettin any younger, life is too short to wait 3 years to get the next lore chapter in a rich universe. This is the best kind of fan service!

They will eventually, don't worry. Halo's story isn't exactly revolutionary, but its a fun game. MS is wildly dependent on that one title though. Its better that they kept it on a two year cycle. 

It is however extremely detailed and vast in scope. Also I am a sci-fi fan where I always cheer on humans vs aliens. I still hope that Avatar 2 will have humans NUKE PANDORA from orbit just because we can lol. Humans in Halo are the underdog but meant for a greater destiny, which is why I like it so much. 

2 year cycles for mainline Halos has proven to be unwise. Halo 4 came out 2 years after Reach and the result was a day 1 game that lacked the MP fans were used to. By the time updates came, the players moved on. 3 years seems to be the best time to make a great campaign and MP Halo experience. In the meantime, fan service spinoffs are more then welcome.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft is going to Ubisoft halo into the ground. So desperate. Be creative, bro. LOL

More like Ubisofting Halo....all the way to the bank! ;)

As a lore fan myself, Halo fans honestly can't get enough. I ain't gettin any younger, life is too short to wait 3 years to get the next lore chapter in a rich universe. This is the best kind of fan service!

They will eventually, don't worry. Halo's story isn't exactly revolutionary, but its a fun game. MS is wildly dependent on that one title though. Its better that they kept it on a two year cycle. 

There are very little original stories.  People care more about a well developed universe then how original a story is.  I have never thought of the Halo story as being great but I do appreciate that its well fleshed out and have many different opportunites for content.

Oh, its going to get bigger. MS wont let it die. Gears is about to have an expanded universe now as well. Its going to be on the mill. Expanded universes in my eyes are the only way to create longevity for storybased games. Assassins Creed expanded its universe and killed off the mian protagonist to prolong the storyline for profit, but it watered down the validity of the story. Depends on what you want as a person.

They are also hiring a Graphic Engineer.

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/job/Redmond-Graphics-Engineer-Devices-&-Studios-Microsoft-Studios-343-Industries-Halo-(867449)_-Job-WA-98052/41922600/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SNP_IEB_All_US_v-emilyd_twitter

And yet actually it's Cortana dating sim

D-Joe said:
And yet actually it's Cortana dating sim

Release that for the Japan launch and they will sell out easy.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Well Ayumi Fujimura is the japanese voice of Cortana since Halo 4,i would like to see that

For serious,this article is pretty clickbaiting

I don't see the issue with Halo being an annual franchise like COD. I still like COD but if 343 Industries could maintain the quality of Halo on an annual basis, all the more reason for me to own an Xbox One.

celador said:
J_Allard said:
celador said:
Sounds kind of desperate honestly. Would expect declining quality if even if they outsource some of it

ITT we learn that companies focusing on delivering games their fanbase wants is "desperate".

aka all of the big 3 are "desperate". Look at Sony about to rehash Last of Us. Mario Kart EIGHT Nintendo? So desperate.

Releasing games from the same franchise after a decent development time = not desperate

Making your biggest franchise annual because you lack the confidence and/or willing to take a risk on a new IP that could shift systems = kind of desperate

Last of Us came out less than a year ago. I don't think that's desperate, but by your definition it must be. The logic also falls flat when you consider that if Sony had an IP big enough and in a genre they could release annually, they'd sure as hell do it. Not to mention if you look at released games and upcoming games, they both seem perfectly fine with both rehashing known IP's and experimenting with new ones.