By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub runs at 1080p 30fps

Preorder canceled!
Unless it is still free on plus...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

How is this game for beginners but also the "most track-hardened racers" with 30fps? If you are really a race junkie who cares about every millisecond you have to have 60fps and not the best looking trees. 

Nothing wrong if they care more about that but I don't think that this sounds like a perfect idea for these track-hardened racers. Most other people won't care about it and will be fine with better graphics instead.

VitroBahllee said:
I always hear people say 60fps in a racer is essential. Interesting to see how this works out.

60fps is definitely nice to have in a racer, but I did enjoy the Motor Storm games and Grid and NfS Shift although all of those were running at 30 fps

Sony: pretty view > comfortable gaming

Next gen has begun

KylieDog said:
For racing games 1080p 30fps is better than a lower resolution but 60fps, being able to see obstacles in the distance clearer is very important.

You do understand that a race track doesn't have obstacles right? They don't drop boulders on the middle of it for you to dodge lol

Around the Network

Should of been developing Motorstorm 4....

VitroBahllee said:
I always hear people say 60fps in a racer is essential. Interesting to see how this works out.

As long as 30FPS is not inconsistant even if it never drops below 30fps but goes up and down and the controller response is good then 30FPS should not be an issue.  The issue will be the scope of the project.  Going for more eyecandy but not getting the handling and feel down for the audience Evolution are targeting will be the issue.  People who prefer sims do not want a arcade feel and people who prefer arcade do not want a sim feel.  I am still not sure who the game is targeting at this time but its sure is purity.

60fps would be nice but I dont know... are people really serious about accepting a drop from 1080 to 720 just for the sake of 60fps?
It matters, but I dont think it matters enough to make such a large drop in resolution. Maybe 900/60 would just about be acceptable for me.

Anyway, the game is marketed as being social and all that crap, so I think that must have played into their decision to go for eye candy over 60fps.

KylieDog said:
Angelus said:
KylieDog said:
For racing games 1080p 30fps is better than a lower resolution but 60fps, being able to see obstacles in the distance clearer is very important.

You do understand that a race track doesn't have obstacles right? They don't drop boulders on the middle of it for you to dodge lol

Other cars are obstacles. 

Or you could have 1080p and 60fps and simply a worse looking environment. That would help you even more to drive around these obstacles if you could react better with 60fps

And I believe I know what you meant with these obstacles, the track they showed last year  had this slalom around the cones and they are obviously much harder to see as a car

KylieDog said:
Angelus said:
KylieDog said:

Other cars are obstacles. 

I'm pretty sure you can tell how far cars are from you even as low as 360p, maybe lower

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842