By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub runs at 1080p 30fps

sales2099 said:
Ruh-roh.......racing game 30fps on the beast known as PS4?

Let the compromising comments and justifying begin (have allready seen some ;) )

Let this be an example of what we don't want in this thread.

Keep it clean in here, this is not a worthwhile avenue to go down and borderline posts like this leads to an borderline tone and then we're at it.

Around the Network

Oh consoles...don't even change.

Imagine a world where Microsoft or Sony unleash the fury and make their high profile next gen 100 million dollar title like Halo 5 or Uncharted 4 ...but optimize it for high end PCs instead of having engineering teams figuring out how to shoehorn an elephant into a console shoe.

Wouldn't that be something?

Halo 5 with 3 monitor surround or 4K and 144hz refresh rate utilizing Nvidia Gsync. Kids would be selling their kidneys and lining up around the block to buy the TitanZ GPU... :)

sales2099 said:

Let the compromising comments and justifying begin (have allready seen some ;) )

Really man? Why even do this? You're taking this console war thing entirely too seriously.

Daisuke72 said:
sales2099 said:

Really man? Why even do this? You're taking this console war thing entirely too seriously.

I'm going to assume you didn't notice the post two posts above yours, please take a look.

disolitude said:

Imagine a world where Microsoft or Sony unleash the fury and make their high profile next gen 100 million dollar title like Halo 5 or Uncharted 4 ...but optimize it for high end PCs instead of having engineering teams figuring out how to shoehorn an elephant into a console shoe.

Halo 5 with 3 monitor surround or 4K and 144hz refresh rate utilizing Nvidia Gsync. Kids would be selling their kidneys and lining up around the block to buy the TitanZ GPU... :)

lol Uncharted games budget is like 22M pre-advertising I believe. Makes you wonder what a 100M dev budget Uncharted could do, let alone one on PC.

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
disolitude said:

lol Uncharted games budget is like 22M pre-advertising I believe. Makes you wonder what a 100M dev budget Uncharted could do, let alone one on PC.

Hence why I said the words "imagine"... I know it isn't feasable or possible in todays reality. :)

sales2099 said:

Surprised you didn't comment sooner lol. 30 FPS on a beautiful game vs a game that needed severe downgrades and cloud support to reach 60  FPS. Kindof obvious which one is better.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I'm dissapointed! 1 year delay and the game will run at 30fps and don't have DAY/NIGHT CYCLE!!!!!!

Next gen my ass! We are just in the first year of this generation and devs already have to choose between resolution vs frammerate vs IQ. Until devs figure out how to make next gen level of graphics with 1080p AND 60 fps i will not buy one of this consoles.

Daisuke72 said:
sales2099 said:

Shhh... Console sales are GeneralMLD's entire life. Don't ruin this "victory" for him.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:
sales2099 said:

Are these types of comments really needed? :/ Did you at no point while typing that think "Wow, this is an unoriginal and unintelligent comment that will add nothing to the discussion. Perhaps i shouldn't post it?"

It's this kind of BS that's fueling the resolution wars and the constant back and forth of X1 and PS4 fans like they're 6 year olds arguing over whose piece of cake is bigger...

Actually, it is. You after all responded to it, thus making it part of the mix.

Since when to Xbox fans get the chance to play the resolution/fps card? Like 0.01% of the time. So kicking a minority opinion when they are down?......stay classy.

This actually brings up a good question as to how powerful PS4 truly is if it can't do 1080p standard. Maybe its things like this that will make certain people be quiet when X1 can't do 1080p.

Bold 1: You only get to 'play a card' when you actually have an upper hand at something. As far as I know, DC wont be on Xbox One, so what resolution/fps comparison are you talking about? Do you think Xbone would be able to run DC at 60fps/1080p?

Bold2: This game runs at 1080p on PS4...just like all other PS4 games except for one. 1080p is pretty much a standard on PS4