By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub runs at 1080p 30fps

SvennoJ said:
Machiavellian said:

You really cannot critize the person who wanted 1080P/60FPS and Day/Night because that was what the developer promised.  From my memory it was one of the Fanboys arrows at Forza and now both of those points have been dropped.  The game still looks great but the quiver in the fanboy arguments has lost a few.

its always good when a developer be quite on things they are trying to do until they actually achieve it.  That way disappoint is avoided.

Just the 60fps, 1080p, day/night is still there. It's just not locked to your system time. Which is much better, in the days I played WoW I never saw daylight in the game, because I could only play at night time. Had to play in the weekend to see what it looked like with the sun out...

Oh, my bag, I thougth it was removed.  Anyway, a game like this does not need 60FPS if its not highly competitive.  

Around the Network

Furthermore I have never seen a GT/Forza run at Native 1920x1080p/60fps. 

GT5 did like 1280x1080 GT6 did 1440x1080 Forza games all did 480p/720p I believe.

Yeah DC is a next gen game, but they're not using last gen graphics either. The game director seems to have a hard on for graphics, and less of one for gameplay from OP article.

“As we’ve got more familiar with the hardware, and also, looking at what we wanted from the game, we decided that 1080p, 30 frames per second is absolutely the best thing, because what that allows us to do is to deliver the most detailed cars in-race that you will ever have seen.

“It’s allowed us to create some of the biggest tracks you will ever see in a racing game, with the most visually-dense environments, as well as a full global illumination system which allows us to make time of day, where shadows are cast, full-on reflections. It’s allowed us to push all those various areas.”

All I'm hearing is grfx grfx grfx lolz.