By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub runs at 1080p 30fps

LOL at fans of another console trying to act like 30 FPS is undriveable and unacceptable. 30 FPS is more then fine, yes, 60 is better but 30 is mroe then fine for a racing game, there is NO difference handling.

Why are people like selnor saying it causes LAG?? Input lag has ZERO top do with 30 or 60 FPS. As long as it's steady 30, it will handle fine.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Definitely bookmarking this thread

definitely.  it will be interesting to read some peoples reactions if forza horizon 2 is 30fps as well. 

Yep, the hypocrisy in this thread is down right amazing, all of a sudden 30 FPS is terrible, unplayable. More improtant in a shooter for MP then racing, as long as it's stready 30, it's fine. Played many a racing sim on PC on 30 FPs due to crappy PC, no difference in steering, handling which is more physics, CPU limited.

SvennoJ said:

I disagree, Immersion and variety offered by dynamic time of time and weather does a lot more to the gameplay than 60fps. Plus a solid 30fps is better than trying to reach 60 fps in a racer and then end up with screen tearing or regular drops to 30 or 40fps with v-sync. Screen tearing is ugly and distracting, drops to 30 fps disorienting, drops to 40fps a bit better but requires double buffering, thus added input lag. All add judder.
To get a stable 1080p60 they probably would have to cancel the dynamic day/night lighting, or drop the res to 720p. Both not worth it to me.

Come on, PS4 can handle dynamic day/night lighting and weather at 1080p/60fps, I know it's not a high-end PC, but it's still got a fair bit of power under the hood.

curl-6 said:
SvennoJ said:

I disagree, Immersion and variety offered by dynamic time of time and weather does a lot more to the gameplay than 60fps. Plus a solid 30fps is better than trying to reach 60 fps in a racer and then end up with screen tearing or regular drops to 30 or 40fps with v-sync. Screen tearing is ugly and distracting, drops to 30 fps disorienting, drops to 40fps a bit better but requires double buffering, thus added input lag. All add judder.
To get a stable 1080p60 they probably would have to cancel the dynamic day/night lighting, or drop the res to 720p. Both not worth it to me.

Come on, PS4 can handle dynamic day/night lighting and weather at 1080p/60fps, I know it's not a high-end PC, but it's still got a fair bit of power under the hood.

Sure it can, GT7 will no doubt do it all. It was already close to 1080p60 on ps3 with day/night weather. Ofcourse people will be complaining again about the trees or the grass or whatever. DC ccan do it too, yet it might take another year to get it optimized enough to hit 60fps without drops, solid 30fps is fine.

Let's see how it performs where it matters, no screen tearing, low input lag (no Shift 2 input dampening), no judder (no NFS: Rivals timing problems)

SvennoJ said:
curl-6 said:
SvennoJ said:

Sure it can, GT7 will no doubt do it all. It was already close to 1080p60 on ps3 with day/night weather. Ofcourse people will be complaining again about the trees or the grass or whatever. DC ccan do it too, yet it might take another year to get it optimized enough to hit 60fps without drops, solid 30fps is fine.

Let's see how it performs where it matters, no screen tearing, low input lag (no Shift 2 input dampening), no judder (no NFS: Rivals timing problems)

Guess we'll just have to agree  to disagree on 30fps vs 60fps. Thanks for keeping it civil. :)

Around the Network

GT6 As with GT5, an optional, faster 1280x720 mode can be engaged by selecting this as the maximum supported resolution from the PlayStation 3's XMB.

Do either of you guys have a PS4?

Figgycal said:
Daisuke72 said:
OttoniBastos said:
I'm dissapointed! 1 year delay and the game will run at 30fps and don't have DAY/NIGHT CYCLE!!!!!!

Next gen my ass! We are just in the first year of this generation and devs already have to choose between resolution vs frammerate vs IQ. Until devs figure out how to make next gen level of graphics with 1080p AND 60 fps i will not buy one of this consoles.

Wow, posts like these really show how entitled some gamers are.

Yes God forbid people want things or have standards.

You really cannot critize the person who wanted 1080P/60FPS and Day/Night because that was what the developer promised.  From my memory it was one of the Fanboys arrows at Forza and now both of those points have been dropped.  The game still looks great but the quiver in the fanboy arguments has lost a few.

its always good when a developer be quite on things they are trying to do until they actually achieve it.  That way disappoint is avoided.

SvennoJ said:
curl-6 said:
SvennoJ said:

There was a good reason why people complained about the trees and grass because they were sprites.  So yes, if Gt have sprites for trees and grass and other objects then it will probably achieve 1080P/60FPS with Day/night and weather on the PS4 but then again any game that take those types of shortcuts probably could do it also.

Machiavellian said:

You really cannot critize the person who wanted 1080P/60FPS and Day/Night because that was what the developer promised.  From my memory it was one of the Fanboys arrows at Forza and now both of those points have been dropped.  The game still looks great but the quiver in the fanboy arguments has lost a few.

its always good when a developer be quite on things they are trying to do until they actually achieve it.  That way disappoint is avoided.

Just the 60fps, 1080p, day/night is still there. It's just not locked to your system time. Which is much better, in the days I played WoW I never saw daylight in the game, because I could only play at night time. Had to play in the weekend to see what it looked like with the sun out...

Bunchedundies said:
bananaking21 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Definitely bookmarking this thread

definitely.  it will be interesting to read some peoples reactions if forza horizon 2 is 30fps as well. 

Yep, the hypocrisy in this thread is down right amazing, all of a sudden 30 FPS is terrible, unplayable. More improtant in a shooter for MP then racing, as long as it's stready 30, it's fine. Played many a racing sim on PC on 30 FPs due to crappy PC, no difference in steering, handling which is more physics, CPU limited.

Is it really hypcrisy.  I see many threads on this game where people who only play on Sony consoles disapporinted that the game did not reach 1080P/60FPS.  Hell, I remember ethomas arguing me down that this game will be at that resolution and also have day night cycle which will eclispe Forza.

The real issue is not the 360 fanboys but the developer making statements spending a year over in development and still not able to reach their target.

As for Forza Horizon, the chance of that game being 60FPS is highly unlikely because the aim of that game is totally different from Forza 4.  Its an open world racer which will do the same as Driveclub.  It will push the eyecandy more over FPS just like the first game.  Also since the First game achieve day/night cycle I would be surprise if the 2nd does not do the same.